More Surgery August 17

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/10 8:24 am
Here I go again...I am having incisional hernia repair and gallbladder removel next week. I look like I am 10 months pregnant and have a hernia the entire length of my open incision. The surgery is going to be done over the RNY incision so I am going to have another 2 month recovery time. I haven't been able to eat anything except for shakes and cream of wheat.

Still I am in better health by far than I was 4 months ago. This probably sounds silly but I feel great when I am not sick. So this is just a bump in the road and it will be fixed. I am going to the Med-Mart to rent one of those chairs that help you stand. I got one 3 days after my RNY and it was a life saver.

Check out my blog to follow my journey.
Emily F.
on 8/12/10 9:28 pm
Wow, I''m sorry!! I wondered how you were doing. I'm sorry for the bump in the road but sounds like you have the mental toughness to handle it all. Good luck.
_Suzy_
on 8/13/10 8:21 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Oh My gosh!!!  You can't win for losing eh?  I am so happy to hear that you do feel great *some* of the time ....having a lot of those excess pounds gone does make a HUGE difference.

I just moved from Michigan to Georgia.  Been here 3 weeks.  I honestly don't know how I could've pulled it off with the 70 lbs on me that I have lost since April.

I wish you the BEST OF LUCK and I hope this will be the last bump in the road for you!!!!!!  XOXO

Suzy
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301
Current               206

O M G - I am down over 100#.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views