Poll: Did you/are you get your six week labs done?

Emily F.
on 5/27/10 4:39 am
I'm just wondering. My doc said 3 mo, 6 mo, 9mo, 12 mo but I'm really anxious to see how my levels are doing and if I'm doing this right. I'm sure all I would see are my stores but Andrea U said that, I can't remember if she said most or many?, wls patients already have a defiency at 3 months labworks. Just taking a poll!
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
chrissyce
on 5/27/10 4:47 am
My surgeon won't be doing mine until 6mo's so I'm going to have my GP do them when she gets back from vacation. My GP is the best. She has been the one to take care of my infected incision and get the care I needed for it at home.

Chrissy
Emily F.
on 5/27/10 4:50 am
I had surgery in Mexico, so my surgeon won't be doing any of mine, its just my pcp who is very supportive, though she knows nothing about the DS! lol
chrissyce
on 5/27/10 1:38 pm
We have to love the doctors, NPs, etc. who go above and beyond to help with things our surgeons can't do or won't!

Chrissy
kitycat58
on 5/27/10 1:39 pm
My doc says not till 6 months for me...
heitimay
on 5/27/10 2:48 pm
My first "post" labs will be at 2 or 2 1/2 months. Like you, I'm looking forward to seeing how the numbers look. I'd love to see normal triglycerides!!!
By the way, Emily, your new photo looks GREAT!

Emily F.
on 5/28/10 10:54 am
THANK YOU!
Shawn K.
on 5/28/10 4:37 am - The Colony, TX
I had labs not sure what at 2 weeks, then they took today which is 6 weeks, and I go back in six months.  But in the mean time my PCP will be keeping up with some things as well.  He took my lipid and all that this morning, so I am anxious to see where my cholesterol is.
I have started a blog all of my own for this journey.  Please follow me at www.digitalsheep.org.

Blue_Rattie
on 5/28/10 2:24 pm
I had mine drawn. Numbers are great. B12 is >1500 and I was told to lower doasage. Uhm, no??

Same with D. My value was on the low end of normal, but yet the RN said to lower (from 5000 to 1000). Again, uhm, no?

I don't want my levels to go low and start to have problems!
Not sure when my next draws are.
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

kbowman2
on 6/2/10 7:11 am
I go for my bloodwork on Monday and the following Monday I'll see my NUT.  We'll see!

Kim
Heaviest 397/ Before Surgery 367/ Lowest 170/ Current 185

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views