Are you eating CRACKERS and BREAD and CARBS, oh my?

twcayce
on 5/24/10 5:57 am - cayce, SC
I am 4 weeks out and on the soft foods stage.  I cannot have bread, yet.  And really have not wanted it.  I love the smell of toast.  Never paid much attention to it before surgery, but since surgery.  I love the smell. 
  T

twcayce
on 5/24/10 6:00 am - cayce, SC
Michelle,
  How long were you on full liquids and how long have you been on pureed?  When do you get to move to soft foods?
  T

Theresa B.
on 5/24/10 7:33 am - Potterville, MI
I'm 6 weeks out and able to have small amounts of starches and my nut recommends eating it with your protien. I've had tricuits, wheat thins, 1/4 whole wheat bun, pita, low carb whole wheat tortilla, I haven't had any issues with food going down. My nut feels that you should be balanced never go without something just don't eat junk NO whites , no white rice, white bread, white pasta etc oh yeah I have tried whole wheat pasta had protien pasta w/ meat for spagetti I just have to meet my protien needs everyday

HW/325 SW/ 293 CW/ 175  GW/ 150  5'8

On my way to a healthy life..... One Step at a time
mspiccolo
on 5/24/10 7:53 am - Camarillo, CA
I'm 4 weeks out today and I've been cleared to start High Protein Bread (toasted) today. 

wiltedrose314
on 5/25/10 12:13 am - Falmouth, MA
i have eaten saltines and some Barilla plus pasta... thats about it on the carbs though. both have digested really well with lots of chewing!!!
HW 310/SW 284.5/CW 201/GW 150

LadySteeler
on 5/28/10 11:27 am - Clayton, NC
 I eat grits at least once a week (with a little protein powder sprinkled in).  I also have tried other carbs (i.e. saltine crackers, a few strands of pasta, bite of mashed potato, baked corn chips), but I always pair it with a protein and I have had no problems.  But it is only a bit... I don't pu**** and I chew it to death!

Blue_Rattie
on 5/28/10 2:20 pm
I'm ALLOWED to eat them, but rarely do. I don't have any problems, no stuckages (I just made that word up, hehehe).

I've tried oatmeal. One pouch was enough for MY pouch! =) I used to eat 3-4 at once!
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views