Are you eating CRACKERS and BREAD and CARBS, oh my?

michelly1030
on 5/23/10 12:44 pm - Turlock, CA
Hello everyone.

Curious who is eating crackers or bread, or carbs in general???

I am about 6 wks out and I am NOT allowed to have crackers or bread...or anything starchy or carby...Ive seen some people saying they are eating crackers. My doc and nut say that crackers and starchy carbies are like glue in our little pouches and will often get stuck...
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
chrissyce
on 5/23/10 12:53 pm
My doctor wants me to start eating breads. He said it will be hard because they stick. I have had a bite or two of garlic bread, couldn't help myself. I have tried tortillas but they have to be chewed really well. I'm talking less than a 1/4 of one. That is the only thing other than a pill that has caused me to vomit.

But I am supposed to get proteins in first and foremost. I can't eat lettuce type veggies until 6months out.

Chrissy
kitycat58
on 5/23/10 1:07 pm
I have done wheat toast and wheat crackers..and a corner of a piece of bread from the restaraunt, just to taste..maybe a 1 x 1 square..tasted good, but then I felt guilty and did not eat any more.  Had some of a baked potato..maybe 2 bites..but after the protein, wasn't really hungry for it.  A couple of beans too, but not much..Tried a corn tortilla, but that was hard on the tummy..so I think I will leave that one alone for a while..
heitimay
on 5/23/10 2:12 pm
I have had mashed potatos, small amount of corn tortilla, wheat bread that I chewed really well. All were tolerated pretty well. Also I have crackers, like saltines and matzos, but I tried triscuit and it wasn't too good on the pouch.

melons778
on 5/23/10 6:49 pm
 Bread I haven't tried but crackers, and certain carbs are fine for me
  Melons778        
deltapearl
on 5/23/10 8:25 pm - Lewisville, TX
RNY on 04/26/10 with
My doc allows corn tortillas, crackers and toast (no untoasted bread).  (of course protein first still applies) I've tried all 3 with no problems.  Then again, I'm lucky so far and have had no problems with any foods. 

312 / 257.8 / 188.4/ 135
HW / SW / CW / GW
Emily F.
on 5/24/10 12:58 am
Nut said ok but I know from boards to not eat them to lose more weight. I had a baked potatoe early out, gave me horrible gas
kbowman2
on 5/24/10 1:40 am
Hi.  I had surgery same day as you.  Surgery weight was 367 now I'm 330.  I have eaten baked potato with ff sour cream (no skin), low fat ritz crackers, Stacy's Pita Chips (which are low in fat and have some protein), I've also eaten beans for a week (before then I pureed the beans) but not much else starch.  I did try peanut butter on the low fat Ritz and that caused some stomach upset.  Don't think I'll do that for a while.  Lately I've been eating the lf ritz with 1 egg salad (lt. mayo, mustard, salt pepper) or the pita chips with some melted lf cheese.  I haven't had any problems.  I know the two biggest things that I've heard about are rice (very easily gets stuck and even those a year out have trouble eating) and soft breads.  I am allowed soft breads at 6 months but I don't know if I'll venture there or not after reading some horror stories on here.  I am also allowed 1/4 to 1/2 piece of toast a week from tomorrow along with salads and raw veggies.  I will be taking that REAL slow though.
All that said, I've been in stalls from hell since week three.  I have only lost 7 pounds in the past three weeks.  Frustrating.

Kim
Heaviest 397/ Before Surgery 367/ Lowest 170/ Current 185

Shawn K.
on 5/24/10 1:49 am - The Colony, TX
My NUT said I could have crackers (reduced fat), toast, and of course beans for carbs.  Toast is ok, crackers yummm, especially reduced fat ritz.  I have even had a low carb tortilla when I made enchiladas one night, but same as everyone else, protein first.
I have started a blog all of my own for this journey.  Please follow me at www.digitalsheep.org.

MommyosaRose
on 5/24/10 2:37 am
Hi Michelle!

I'm still on pureed stage and haven't been cleared to eat bread or crackers yet. However, I can eat 1/2 cup of pureed starch if I meet my protein goal for the day; I only did it a few times and since I was full with the protein, I didn't have any starch. I am growing bored of the pureed foods and can't wait to have more consistency in my menu! 

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views