ZUMBA!

michelly1030
on 5/22/10 4:41 am - Turlock, CA

I went to a ZUMBA class with a couple of girlfriends for the first time this past Thursday! It is one hour long and I was EXHAUSTED! We were so sweaty and tired, it was hilarious. But I totally recommend it, talk about a fat burning aerobic workout! OMG! It kicked our behinds!  One of the girls that went said that she had gone to another Zumba class at another location and it was nothing compared to the one we went to. It was a little hard to keep up at times, but it was like latin dancing- salsa, cumbia, cha cha ... a lot of fun. There is a lot of hopping, at least in my class, and with the arthritis I had to slow down on the hopping but kept moving without hops..lol... I am sure that I burned all the calories I had eaten all day haha . When I got home I was so tired, I drank some more water and went to sleep. I couldn't even stay awake for dinner...
Check out their website and see if there is a class near you-- www.zumba.com!! They are popping up everywhere and have become very popular these days! There are also videos that you can buy (that's how it began) but for me personally, videos don't work, I won't do them. I have more success going somewhere and working out with a group. Zumba cost me $7 a class and they have them twice a week, although we plan to go once a week and I will supplement that with my bike riding, walking and stepper at home. Try it out guys, you will have a blast! 

~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Emily F.
on 5/22/10 10:54 am
Sounds like a good time!! I have a couple of co workers that do it but its before hubby gets home and after I pick the kids up. Maybe I'll give it a try some day! Keep rockin' it.
mspiccolo
on 5/24/10 8:47 am - Camarillo, CA
I LOVE Zumba!!!!  I stopped going about 6 month before surgery because it became too hard.  I'm looking forward to going back once my doctor gives me the OK to exercise.

chrissyce
on 5/24/10 4:12 pm
NIA is another fun dance class to do. You can make it as easy or as hard as you want. It is really fun with a lot of different types of dance moves. I have yet to try Zumba but I hear it is a bit harder on the knees.

Chrissy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views