Who's your biggest cheerleader/critic?

michelly1030
on 5/23/10 3:18 am - Turlock, CA
My husband is my biggest cheerleader and inspiration! I've mentioned this before, he had RNY 2 yrs ago and has kept his 100 lbs off and became an avid runner!! He is very encouraging and is excited when I tell him what I've lost etc. He has been absolutely fabulous! My sister (who is also overweight) has been fantastic-

Biggest critics--- My Aunt is very competitive with me about weight loss, always has been. We used to do weigh****chers together and she would get so mad when I'd lose more than her. Mind you, I am TWENTY years younger than her. We used to be very close but not so much anymore (even before surgery). I am not that interested in the person she has become lately and don't feel like being around her like I used to! Sad sad sad. She had the nerve to ask me the other day if my RNY could be reversed if I wanted it to. Shut up lady ....A lot of my family members are not supportive. They also have the "easy way out" mentality and don't realize what kind of commitment and courage it takes! 90% of my family is heavyset.... I think they are jealous that I am losing weight while they gain and maintain. But I've decided that is THEIR choice and not my problem anymore!!!
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
MommyosaRose
on 5/24/10 1:54 am

Well, I have to say that I am my biggest Cheerleader because my family (with the exception of my husband and children) were not very supportive of my decision for fear that I was trading one condition for another.  However, my husband is the best support I could ever have asked for. He is wonderful and I am so blessed for having him in my life.
I'm not sure if I have any critics...what I have is a sister-in-law that constantly "reminds" me that I will have all that extra skin on my arms, legs, belly and that I will most likely need plastic surgery in the near future.  She also loves to tempt me with food when she is eating something yummy just to see if I will give in to the temptation. She's a **tch! LOL

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

Jessie72
on 5/26/10 6:12 am - CA
my biggest cheerleader is my husband everyday he tells me how proud he is of what I'm doing
He is 5'9 and 145 lbs I'm almost 6'1 and i was 311 lbs now I'm  260 lbs I'm sure he is glad lol. and my mom and step dad and my in laws have been so wonderful making sure I HAVE FOOD I CAN EAT AND ENJOY AND HELPING ME PAY THE MEDICAL BILLS THEY HAVE BEEN SO WONDERFUL! OOPS CAPS i don't wanna re type it all ow well.. any ways..

I have 2 really big critics my sister (she didn't really like it when i told her she was going to be the last fat one in the family after she told my real dad she though i was killing my self by doing this) and my real dad he hasn't called seance I told his I was going to do it .

clareireland
on 6/1/10 10:02 am - FL
Great Post....To my surprise, my husband is not a supporter, nor a critic.  I was most worried by my (athletic, mother of three small girls) Primary Care Physician.  I thought she would judge me....completely opposite. She hugged me and said she has seen "lives changed for the best" in many of her patients.  Her own brother also had it done.  I was so relieved.    My husband buys dunkin doughnuts, mcdonalds and when I told him one day I ran 1 mile without stopping since surgery, he said "well I ate a cheeseburger today without stopping also!"   He is gaining weight and i cannot tell him what to do.  We eat completely different things.  Crazy thing is, i'm the one who birthed these children of ours and gained the weight.  He had always been relatively fit.  He had lost weight a few years ago on a "diet"  lost 50 lbs, and then STOPPED....gained it all back.  I just want him to be healthy, but friends say i can only lead by example.  So I try.

My other best supporter is a girl i work with who is so far the only person who noticed that I have lost over 25 lbs.  I know it's starting to show, so I feel good, but I have a long way to go.   Good news is i have 100% willpower over my food choices.  I am in this for life, I want to be around when my 6 and 9 year old grow up!   They say "mommy you look good!"  I am happy.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views