Who's your biggest cheerleader/critic?

Emily F.
on 5/21/10 9:07 am
Just wondering who your biggest cheerleader and critic was? My biggest cheerleaders are my parents who I see about once a week. They just fuss and fuss over how I look. Also, my asst principal just raves and raves. She was very supportive when I told her what I was doing and started crying bc I would be embarrassed if everyone knew what I did and I failed. She's a sweetheart.

I don't have a 'critic' per se. But my inlaws just don't care enough to be interested. They've never asked a single questions about my Mexico trip or what the surgery is. That just blows my mind that I've been in this family for over 10 years and they don't even know what my anatomy is. Crazy. They also made me mac and cheese when I came home. I guess its the thought that counts. :)
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
chrissyce
on 5/21/10 9:41 am
My son is my biggest chearleader. He's watches everything I do and reminds me when I forget things. He also reminds me why I did this so I don't cheat and eat something unhealthy. I really want sweet tea but oh, well! My GP has been seeing me every week to check my wound and she raves about how much it looks like I've lost.

So far, no critics that I've noticed but since I'm oblivious to what most people think... I did this for my health and really don't care what anyone else thinks.

Chrissy
deltapearl
on 5/21/10 9:51 am - Lewisville, TX
RNY on 04/26/10 with
I'm lucky with the cheerleaders.  Just about everyone is really supportive:  family, friends, coworkers, clients.  All are really excited and watching me!

My biggest critics have been 2 trainers at my gym (one is my former trainer).  When I told her what I was doing, she yelled at me and told me that was stupid...I was really taken aback and avoided her since.  I'll prove her wrong!  Plus, she annoys me anyway, that's why I stopped working with her a few years ago to start working with someone else.  Bygones!

312 / 257.8 / 188.4/ 135
HW / SW / CW / GW
Kim5515
on 5/21/10 12:53 pm - Bonney Lake, WA
My biggest cheerleader is my husband and my co-workers.  The fuss over me and tell me how good I look all the time, almost to the point of embarassment.

My critic, I'm sorry to say, is my daughter at this point. She was against the surgery and although she did visit me in the hospital and every day when I got home, she's been very uncommunicative about the subject since.  Several of her friends have told me that she brags about how well I am doing, yet she's never said one thing to me.

I agree about the trainers at the gym, my gym owners tried to talk me out of the surgery, using the age old phrase "its the easy way out."   Dont' even get me started....

Good question, though !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

deltapearl
on 5/21/10 10:09 pm - Lewisville, TX
RNY on 04/26/10 with
I'm sure your daughter will come around.  Maybe she just scared for you.  Once she sees you not only loosing weight but maintaining your health, maybe she'll come around. 

I think the gym thing is interesting.  My trainer (that I switched to) is trying to be supportive and then another one approached me telling me how excited she was for me because she heard it through the grapevine.  I think they think that because I had surg. I won't exercise anymore, as you said, the easy way out.  And, after the incident my first instinct was never to go back there again, but that does no one any good!

312 / 257.8 / 188.4/ 135
HW / SW / CW / GW
Emily F.
on 5/21/10 10:52 pm
She's probably just scared of the journey and this is how she is handling it. She'll come around when she sees how well you are doing. Keep the faith! :)
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
sakuchan
on 5/21/10 10:52 pm
My biggest cheerleaders are my mom and my daughter.  They are very supportive...my mom is even going on the 2-week liquid only pre-op.

My sister is my biggest critic...I think it is more because her insurance won't cover her doing it, so she is jealous....but it still hurts when she is so negative.
Saku-chan
Highest Weight: 300; Weight at Surgery: 276

tnchickenfeathers
on 5/22/10 7:59 am - Savannah, TN
My biggest Cheerleaders are my Mom is doing almost what I am except she doesn't have the tool that I do.My sister lives in Maine and I call her almost everyday and let her know what is going on and how I am doing.My Aunt Cathy is another cheerleader she is in Florida and she wants to know also everytime I go see my surgeun about what is said what I lost.I also have an Angel Cheerleader that may sound weird but I lost my brother Jim at age 50 will be a year this September but he is rutting for me all the way,at first he was against me doing this then he did some resurch and found out that it had changed from years ago and then he was behind me.

Lifeski
on 5/22/10 10:04 pm
My husband is by biggest cheerleader by far. Once he read about the different surgeries and learned about the vsg he has been encouraging. He got me through the appeal process and anytime it started to look too difficult because I was traveling to another state he reminded me why I wanted this particular surgery. Now that I am almost 7 weeks out and coming off of my first stall he has been so encouraging and reassuring. My 4 children are rather indifferent. My boss has been wonderful and never fails to tell me how good I look.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

Shawn K.
on 5/23/10 2:39 am - The Colony, TX
My boyfriend and family seem to be my biggest cheerleaders, they have been behind me from the get to, even my friends.

As for critics, my boss for one, she thinks I will fail, even told me when I was allowed by my NUT that I should not be eating an egg, but an egg substitute, I said I do what my NUT tells me since she has knowledge of this.  Also myself.  OMG I am hard on myself.  I have been in a 4 week stall, only lost 17 pounds and yeah I am second guessing myself with everything, even though yes I am getting in my protein, I am logging food, and I have shown my NUT what I am eating, anddd I am exercising.  But that scale not moving is just making me scared.
I have started a blog all of my own for this journey.  Please follow me at www.digitalsheep.org.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 902 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1005 views