How long will it take

tnchickenfeathers
on 5/22/10 11:35 am - Savannah, TN
I got a question for everyone. How long will it take for me to learn how much is too much.I only ate 4 chicken nuggets baked in the oven and just threw up 2 of them when will I learn to stop...???

Emily F.
on 5/22/10 8:23 pm
I don't know. I got sick a couple times before 4 weeks out and haven't in several weeks, so maybe I learned. What I did learn what not to try new things out in public. Chicken is hard without a lot of sauce so maybe it was WHAT you ate and not how much. But yes, I do think you learn but sometimes you eat too fast and don't realize and then get sick. Anyway, that's my experience.
michelly1030
on 5/23/10 3:12 am - Turlock, CA
I can tell you this, I can only eat 2 nuggets tops! lol
When you feel like food is in your throat and not your pouch, you are TOO full.. I weigh my meals still to make sure I dont eat too much, I start with 2 oz and if I can fit more in, I eat a 1/2 oz at a time. I have not been able to get more than 2- 21/2 oz in at once still. I am supposed to be increasing my food intake, per my doc, and started stage 4 (diff with every surgeon it seems)... I recommend weighing your food again and make sure you chew chew chew and take at least 20 mins to eat.... eating too fast will definitely make you vomit (it does me, every single time I rush!)
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Kim5515
on 5/23/10 9:50 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I am sticking with a straight 2 oz of everything for now.  Depending on what it is I'm eating, I either feel totally satisfied or totally stuffed, like after Thanksgiving dinner.  My eyes stopped being bigger than my pouch early on... when you feel like a car is sitting on your chest after you ate, you defientely over did it !

No throwing up for me yet, but the weight on my chest is extremely uncomfortable, so I've gone with the straight 2 oz rule !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

heygiz00
on 5/23/10 9:53 am
Each nugget is about an ounce I would think? You should only have two then and chew chew chew....

Live Laugh & Love...Life is too short to settle for less...    
chrissyce
on 5/23/10 11:28 am
I can only eat about 1.5 nugget size chicken. I cut it up into tiny pieces and chew at least 30 before swallowing, basically it is pureed when you swallow. If I don't chew 30times, I have become sick. I just started solid food last friday.

Remember, it takes 30 minutes for your brain to realize your full. Today is the first day I have actually felt hungry since surgery. Good luck.

Chrissy
MamaK330
on 5/23/10 11:31 am
How do you guys eat so little?? I can eat a ton. less then what i would before band but more then what you guys are saying..eerrr i cant wait for my fill

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views