Dizziness

sarcstk1inct
on 5/21/10 1:17 am - Wallingford, CT
The past week has been rather confusing to me. I have been having little or no trouble with my food, still not very hungry, and doing my best to make sure I get as much fluid s possible in, plus 2 protein shakes. Well, on Saturday, I joined a gym. My first night working out at the gym was Monday. I came home afterward, had a protein shake and about 2 hours later went to bed. I woke up so dizzy, wih a major headache and slight stomach pain! I could barely walk and when I did, I bumped into things... one time my son had to catch me because I was making dinner and fell into the sink while filling a pan. The next day I had a doctor's appointment so I figured I'd wait till then. In the mean time I was hunting the net. I found that some people had similar experiences when their blood sugar was low. went to the fridge and grabbed a couple of grapes About 20 miutes later, the headache cleared and the dizzyness lessened tremendosly I figured that because I am so focused on making sure I buy low or no sugar everything, that my workout burned off my blood sugar.  The next day i woke up with no issues, worked out, came home and added peanut butter to my shake and i was fine! However, I woke up today, and tho not as severe as Tuesday, I am going in and out of dizziness Not as bad, but annoying. I had some unsweetened aplesauce this morning, but no help. When I went to the doctor, they aggreed it may have been hypoglycemia. I didnt work out last night and had the applesauce just in case. Not sure what it is anymore. Anyone have any input or similar experiences?

Emily F.
on 5/21/10 3:34 am
Some rnyers have reactive hypoglycemia. Or dehydration can cause it too. Maybe you are sweating more than you think?
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
sarcstk1inct
on 5/21/10 4:10 am - Wallingford, CT
That may be. I was sweating pretty hard and my heartrate was up in the 145 range.... I did cardio for about an hour the night before. I was drinking water while I worked out. Finished 24 ounces while there and drank more at home. But I didn't work out last night. Today feels a little different than that last time tho. Thanks for the input! I called my doctor and am waiting for a call back.
Thanks again!

chrissyce
on 5/21/10 5:07 am
I actually just posted about this on the RNY forum. I have had vertigo since waking yesterday. The world spins if you close your eyes or turn your head. You feel like passing out if you move to fast.

I had this about a 1 1/2 yrs ago, it was dehydration and low potassium. I'm still waiting for doctor's office to call. Last time I really hurt myself but now I know to reach my hands out and feel along walls/furniture, it helps. I don't know if it's the same thing.

Chrissy
sarcstk1inct
on 5/21/10 12:38 pm - Wallingford, CT
Thanks Chrissy!
I wouldn't be surprised if either of those were the cause. I sometimes feel like I never get enough liquids in me and now that the weather is turning warm again, I always feel overheated. Thanks for your input! I appreciate it.
-CC

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views