?setback?

heitimay
on 5/20/10 2:24 pm
I have begun having daily vomiting of mucous and occasional pain along with. So I thought I would email the program director for bariatric (I know her well, we work at the same hospital). I wasn't thinking it was any big deal, just wondered if I should do something different with my diet. After quite a few phone calls from her and then one from the surgeon, they have me on clear liquids only and nothing after midnight. Tomorrow I am having an ultrasound of my gallbladder and then a barium swallow and follow through. I wasn't worried til they started all this! Now I'm feeling like impending doom....but I was tolerating solids much better two weeks ago than this last week. Maybe we will get some answers. Sigh.
Heiti

kitycat58
on 5/20/10 2:29 pm
Hope things are well.  Will send up a prayer for you.  Sometimes when you know alot what might be going on, it makes it a little more of an anxious time.  You sound like you are in good hands though.  Hope things go well for you. 
_Suzy_
on 5/20/10 9:23 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
Oh boy - I am sorry that this is going on with you.  Maybe your pouch just isn't ready for solids??  Glad they are going to get you in and check things out - better safe than sorry!!  Good Luck.  Don't fret too much - it's probably nothing major

Suzy
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301
Current               206

O M G - I am down over 100#.  

Emily F.
on 5/21/10 3:35 am
I'll be thinking of you! Update us when you can.
kelly B.
on 5/21/10 4:16 am - NC
Definitely follow through with what your Dr wants you to do, but to ease your mind a bit... i was having similar symptoms, and it was really about the timing of my meds. I take a PPI daily to reduce stomach acid. Not sure if RNY does that for the first few months out like VSG. And, I didnt have any burning or reflux... so go figure.

Hoping it is something small like that for you too. Good luck!
Starting Weight 340. I am 5'7"
Goal 1: VSG by April 2010 -
(scheduled for April 28 2010)
Goal 2: Lose 10% of Total Body Weight -
(May 17, 2010)
Goal 3: Lose 50 pounds-
(June 10, 2010)
Goal 4: Lose 50% of Excess Weight (Aug 10, 2010)
Goal 5: Lose 100 pounds (Oct 7, 2010)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goal 6: BMI of 29
heitimay
on 5/21/10 4:42 am
Well, the tests went well. No immediate problems have shown up so unless I hear differently, I guess I'm ok. I was just started on a PPI to reduce stomach acid and maybe that will help. Good news was I stopped and got weighed at the bariatric department and I'm down 29#!! No pain, no vomiting today but I haven't eaten any solids since wednesday....

chrissyce
on 5/21/10 5:33 am
There is always a bright side! Sometimes we have to dig a little harder... I hope things go well from here!

Chrissy
kitycat58
on 5/21/10 9:12 am
Glad your feeling better today and that things went well for you.  Gratz on the 29lbs!  That's great.  Happier days ahead.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views