1st check up with surgeon, learning new things.

chrissyce
on 5/19/10 12:29 pm
1st off, carbonated bevs are the quickest way to increase your stomach size. Reg liquids go right through.

I am to keep putting a towel between my fat rolls where my belly button incision is. It will keep it healthier and less moist. I actually roll up wash clothes, put one on either side of the bandage and use a belt to hold them in place. I wish I had been told that right after my surgery because it probably would not of gotten infected!

Even with the packing of my belly button incision, I'm allowed to exercise now at 6 weeks. Just no major crunches. When my incision gets to where it is a small bowl shape, I can start PT in the pool for 20 minutes. I was told it probably won't be until mid-June.

I take the 2 multi-vitamins, 2 B-12, 2 calcium, vitamin D, liquid omega and melatonin on top of other meds. My diet of yogurt and hot-n-sour soup is a good one but I'm supposed to very slowly add other foods one bite at a time. Protein being the 1st to consume at every meal. I am supposed to get 100mg protein daily for the rest of my life. My couple spoonfuls of watermelon is okay.

I hope that helps with some of the questions I've seen. I really like my surgeon and he has been doing this quiet a while.

Chrissy

Emily F.
on 5/19/10 9:03 pm
I'm glad it went well, surgery sister!!! Keep up the good work.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views