Good party experience

Emily F.
on 5/18/10 10:42 am
I've completely avoided all parties since surgery. We have a lot of baby showers and retirement parties this time of year. (Though I love eating out) Tonight I really felt like I should go to a retirement restaurant party. I asked beforehand if a friend would split a meal with me and made it clear I didn't want anything fried. We also got a seafood bake app and I just ate it straight w no bread. I cut the fish in two pieces, giving her the larger piece and ate my green beans. I even passed her the hush puppies so I wouldn't eat them. I politely said no to the cake and focused on taking pictures and handing out forks and plates. So first party not to bad. Have a house warming tomorrow and 3 baby showers on Thursday. Think I'll avoid the showers for a little longer but feel really good so far. Hope everyone else if learning to adapt to our new lifestyles. I'm finding my way little by little. :)
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
kitycat58
on 5/18/10 11:40 am
Good job.  I haven't had any parties yet.  But I have gone out to eat.  Breakfast isn't a real problem.  Ordered and egg and 1 pc bacon...My husband says I am a cheap date.  LOL

Dinner was nicer.  Ordered a steak, veggies and the potato (plain).  Had about 1/8 the steak, a few bites of the veggies and potato....and lunch for work all week... Really tired of the refried beans and cream of chicken soup at home..so this was a nice change.  Now I am trying to figure things I can eat for dinner at home.  Getting bored with chicken, beans, cheese and yogart.  I have a hard boiled egg for breakfast, so eggs are out for dinner.  Got to get creative here.  Open to suggestions.  I have looked at eggface menus..but want things that just need to be heated up.  Not into much cooking since I am usually eating dinner alone..hubby works late..

They had pizza at work today.  I only had a little of the veggie topping one..was enough to get a taste and make me feel satisfied and like I "joined in"; but what was strange was I did not crave the pizza..and that was my very favorite thing before.  Maybe things are finally taking shape.  I kinda feel "bored" with food right now.  Interesting. 

Good luck with all your upcoming events.  I hope it goes smoothly for you.  Kathy
deltapearl
on 5/18/10 12:33 pm - Lewisville, TX
RNY on 04/26/10 with
Good for you! 

3 BABY SHOWERS in ONE DAY?  ugh!!!  You'll do fine, but you are probably going to go broke buying all of those presents :)

I too had a milestone today, first time I ate out.  It was a friends bday and he wanted to go to Red Hot and Blue (Barbeque) I found a chili on the menu and I thought it was amusing that I didn't even get through half a cup before all of the guys had demolished their sandwich, fries and slaw...it's a whole new world for me!

Congrats!!! Every victory resisting makes us stronger!

312 / 257.8 / 188.4/ 135
HW / SW / CW / GW
Theresa B.
on 5/19/10 12:51 am - Potterville, MI
Wow 3 baby showers.. just eat before you go or there is usually something there you can have. I have been to a going away party and a house warming party and I have a graduation party on Saturday I haven't had an issue the going away party was when I was only couple weeks out and I was able to eat cubed cheese. 

For the meal ideas I hear you about bordom! I made a protien spagetti last night with high protien spagetti noodles that are wheat they are the barilla plus 10g of protien for 2 oz and I made it with turkey burger, chili, chicken tacos (you use turkey or ground beef), shake and bake bbq chicken, taco salad, ceasar chicken salad with reduced fat dressing, lemon peper chicken, I did an egg sandwhich i cook and egg w/ cheese and put it on 1/2 of a arnolds thin bread, white chicken chili (northern beans, white chicken chili packet, chicken), jennie o turkey loaf, roasted chicken, lunch meat with cream cheese in the middle (I add a tiny bit of dry ranch only 5 cal for 1/3 tsp), I eat the meat out of lean cruisines sometimes if it's just me too watch for high sodium though.

HW/325 SW/ 293 CW/ 175  GW/ 150  5'8

On my way to a healthy life..... One Step at a time
TeeMarie
on 5/20/10 9:35 am - Hartford, CT
Sounds like you did fantastic! good for you!

RNY-4/29/2010

HW 273 / SW 265/ CW 232/ GW 140

(!? I will get there some day!)

RNY revision/repair! 6/18/19

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views