4-5 wks out..what are you eating?

heygiz00
on 5/17/10 8:06 am
Hi everyone,

I had my RNY on 4-14-10.  I was curious what types of foods, combinations you are all eating.  I have been eating ground meats with shredded cheese and salsa or a little bbq sauce, chicken meatballs, cottage cheese, turkey wrapped around cheese sticks, chunks of lowfat cheese, protein shakes...sf popsicles......I was hoping you all would have some other ideas...thanks!

Live Laugh & Love...Life is too short to settle for less...    
Theresa B.
on 5/17/10 9:06 am - Potterville, MI
I am cleared to full diet - i've had fajitas, turkey (buy the boneless butterball turkey), turkey loaf thing (by Jenny o ) ground meats, chili, chicken taco, shrimp, i've done cesear salad w/ chicken (ate chicken with a couple pieces of lettucce) it was reduced fat cesear dressing, taco salad w/ FF ranch, peanuts, arnolds bread with peanut butter, eggs of all kinds, lean crusine meats out of them

HW/325 SW/ 293 CW/ 175  GW/ 150  5'8

On my way to a healthy life..... One Step at a time
Emily F.
on 5/17/10 10:54 am
You've done salad??? I"m TERRIFIED of raw veggies. I have no idea when I'll get up the nerve.

For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Blue_Rattie
on 5/17/10 12:42 pm
the first time I ate a slice of cucumber it didn't sit well....didn't get sick, just uncomfy. But after they soaked in pickle juice, it was super nummy =)

And I've been doing watermelon with no problems.
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Blue_Rattie
on 5/17/10 10:51 am
I'm eating pretty much the same as you are. Turkey meatballs, grilled tilapia from Gorton's, cottage cheese, heated ricotta with shredded mozzarella (and I just bought some marinara to use with it!), refried beans, no beans chili, popsicles, light mozz cheese sticks,  tuna fish made with light mayo, salmon from pouches and regular, scrambled eggs. I also have been eating some ****tail shrimp and sauce =)
I'm having probs with the protein shakes, but I try once a day.
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Emily F.
on 5/17/10 10:55 am
Basically low carb. I LOVE Taco Bell's pintos and cheese with sour cream. I eat a lb of shredded turkey, cheese, and mayo in a week. Egg salad, scrambled egg w cheese. grilled chicken w sauce. Bbq pork. lots of turkey.
aujrob
on 5/17/10 12:46 pm - Marietta, GA
 Hey guys. Newb here. Just had surgery April 15 and haven't officially been cleared for a wide open diet but have tried some ground beef w/ no problems. I've also had some cold cut chicken and turkey in a wrap w/ no problem. Generally I eat a lot of pasta w/ some veggies mixed in...SF pudding...eggs and toast...lots of fruit like watermelon and pineapple....also a lot of shrimp cooked different ways and some different types of fish. 

What really boggles the mind is how little I can eat now before getting full. I've learned to stop when full otherwise it's just uncomfortable. 
albertaamanda
on 5/18/10 4:52 am - Canada
I have eaten EVERYTHING (almost) some good some bad.. I had ribs, baked potato w/ sour cream, roast beef, brocoli w/cheese, cottage cheese, all soups, chili, chicken wraps, flat bread pizza (homemade) watermelon, macaroni, bun, bread, sandwich, vegetables, nuts, chips :( (felt guilty after that one), a smokie, hot dog, chicken wings, nachos, sunflower seeds, shrimp, lotsa fish on the bbq, triscuits with salsa and LF cheese, tuna salad.. when it came to the bad food like the chips/nachos or hot dog, it was only 1 chip and a bite of a hotdog and smokie.. i find myself picking at more bad foods now then i ever did before surgery. and i feel like i can eat and drink too much still. i ate a whole boiled egg for breakfast and 1/4c of cottage cheese, then lunch i had a whole thick 8oz protein shake. can anyone else get in this much?
Lisa Y.
on 5/18/10 1:34 pm
Tonight I had 1/2 a Thomas' Thin Sliced Bagel (55 calories) and 1oz of tuna with 1 oz of low fat cheddar cheese (aka tuna melt). I toasted the bagel and put everything on top and broiled it. It was very good. 

Lisa
oregondiver
on 5/19/10 2:04 pm - South Beach, OR
I am amazed that many of you are eating breads and veggies, even crackers and nuts.  I still don't eat more than about three ounces per meal, I can't even imagine 1/2 bagel with tuna and cheese, it sounds wonderful, but I think I would have one or two bites and be full.

Partly,. I think I am afraid to push myself too much because I don't want to dump or get something stuck -- I will have to venture out one day.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views