Problem with Incision

janetkay77
on 5/17/10 5:10 am - Katy, TX
Has anyone had trouble with any of their incisions healing?  I had my surgery on April 2, 2010, and to date I have one incision that I am still packing with guaze.  My surgeon says it will heal but that it has to heal from the inside out.  When I went in for my first week visit, I told my surgeon that my left side hurt and he took out the stitches on my left incision and it drained and drained.  Since that time, my incision has been left open.  
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/10 6:36 am
My surgery was an open ryn on 4/12. On 04/21 I started leaking at a stitch in my belly button, on 4/24 the leak became an eruption (think labor water breaking). They called it a hematoma and seroma and since I soaked my clothes, a towel and my carpet they said it was quite large. Me and my house looked like a crime scene. Here it is 5/18 and my belly button has not stopped leaking. I stuff my belly button with cotton and use a folded mini pad. I have to change it about 8 times a day.
I see the doctor about this on Wednesday (5 weeks, 5 visits). They may put a drain in but since it is draining I don't know why they would do this.

There are others at OH who had the same issue.
janetkay77
on 5/17/10 7:15 am - Katy, TX
Wow!!  I guess I should be grateful I am only dealing with a small incision about the size of dime.  When we first started packing it, it seems like it was several inches deep.  Now it seems to be only an inch or so deep.  I don't understand it, but I guess it is going to heal with no stitches. 
Emily F.
on 5/17/10 9:45 am
Ugh, I don't have any advice but you are in my prayers and I'll be sending positive waves to you and Diana. Sounds like a PITA.
Blue_Rattie
on 5/17/10 10:32 am
I agree with Emily, UGH! Sorry you guys are both dealing with this
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

chrissyce
on 5/17/10 2:42 pm
I was told that I would be back in water PT 3 weeks after surgery. The reason I haven't been online is because my incision above my belly button busted open. I now have 2 holes that get packed w/gauze twice a day. It's a bit uncomfortable to sit & type. I am really bummed. I was told 6-8 weeks for it to heal.

The thing I am finding hard is not only missing my PT, it helps with the pain, but the pain in my stomach makes me feel not like eating anything. Do you guys have this too?  I have only lost 6 pounds since surgery.  I see my doctor wednesday.

I hope all of us heal much faster than 8 weeks! I don't want to miss summer!

Take care,
Chrissy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views