Favorite Food

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/10 2:11 am, edited 5/17/10 2:39 am
My favorite food is one tablespoon of herb stuffing with 2 ounces of baked garlic chicken. I eat 2 ounces of dried oatmeal with silk (yummy) and for desert Tropical Sugar Free Popcycles (I have lived off of these many a days).

I didn't tell anyone about my WLS on my husbands side and everyone sent gift cards to restaurants for our annivarsary. I don't use them until I am better. Has anyone here eaten at a restaurant yet?

I also have one other problem. I will make my serving too big even though it is hard to get in two ounces. If I eat one bite too much I am so sick. I know why we are supposed to take 3 minutes between bites. It's so dummies like me don't eat too much.

I was warned here and at my support group about tastes changing. I have undergone two changes; one from pre-surgery and one from immediate post surgery. How are all of you doing on tastes?

tnchickenfeathers
on 5/17/10 2:29 am - Savannah, TN
I ate at a resturant on Mothers day and I had 1 spoon of mashed potatoes and 1 spoon of dressing,I could not even eat all of it.I am like you one extra bite and the chest pain****I have dumped one time since surgery and I know what I did.Don't want to do that again.I am also having the problem with making my serving way to big.I guess that is something that we all will have to change...

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/10 2:37 am
We are so alike. I have had the sickies at least 8 times. It feels so bad I end up on the bathroom floor praying for mercy.
Theresa B.
on 5/17/10 3:02 am - Potterville, MI
Hey .. uhm favorite is chicken tacos so much flavor! yum! I haven't had any issues with food and am on full diet I was wondering what everyone else was eating at this point. I wasn't sure if we were suppose to have any carbs I had a 1/2 arnolds thin whole wheat for breakfast w/ peanut butter on it  and I did have apart of a low carb whole wheat tortilla with my fajita last night (only ate 1/4 of the toritilla and the insides of the fajhita)

HW/325 SW/ 293 CW/ 175  GW/ 150  5'8

On my way to a healthy life..... One Step at a time
Emily F.
on 5/17/10 4:41 am
I love going to restaurants. I don't know if its because I like being served or what. I'm living off shrimp and turkey right now. Grilled shrimp at home and restaurants, turkey at bbq joints. etc. We had my fav, japanese hibachi the other night and I ate half my soup and a couple shrimp but my God, I could drink that shrimp sauce they make! Yummo.
Theresa B.
on 5/17/10 9:09 am - Potterville, MI
I LOVE Hibatchi we haven't been yet since I've had surgery but I love the shrimp sauce (ginger suace) YUMMMO! I'm with you we do restraunats often .. I've lived off shrimp and salmon most places

HW/325 SW/ 293 CW/ 175  GW/ 150  5'8

On my way to a healthy life..... One Step at a time
anonymouslyobese
on 5/17/10 6:39 am
I had a different surgery so I don't have dumping.  However my nutritionist suggested that I bring a small bowl of the right size for my portions with me when I eat out.  I haven't brought it out yet, but I have thought I really should!  If I eat too much I also don't feel good.  So far though, I have been able to stop when I should most of the time.  

I really have been enjoying trying new types of fish and cooking them different ways.  Soon I'll be able to eat meat instead of just fish and i'm pretty excited to try different ways of cooking for my fiance.  :)  

Blue_Rattie
on 5/17/10 10:35 am
We went to Olive Garden beginning of last week. I had a teaspoon or so of the melted cheese from our appetizer (Smoke Mozzarella Fonduta), some cream of chicken soup ~ maybe 2 TBS worth?, and about 1.75oz (based on how much was left) of my salmon.

Salmon gave me 2 more meals, and the soup 1 more meal. $18 for 4 meals =) PLUS I got to spend time with my family =)

And about the 3 minuets thing....I was just told to make sure I chewed my food 20-30 times each time.
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

aujrob
on 5/17/10 12:56 pm - Marietta, GA
 I've got a sports bar virtually in my front yard so I go there a lot. The bartenders there know that I've had surgery and have been really supportive. One of them even did some research and figured out what I should and shouldn't eat. I went one day and she told me here's the menu and I've marked the things that you can order. I got a lemon pepper grouper and mixed veggies. I hate about 2/3 of it before she came over and said that's enough. I was full and slowing down...she saw that and reacted. I haven't had any problems yet w/ anything I've eaten and plan to take things in moderation. 
chrissyce
on 5/17/10 2:53 pm
Try the dreyers sugar free fruit popsicles, all natural. They are great, 25 cal. The bigger ones, pomegranete is great are 60 cal. I'm supposed to be on pureed foods still. All the diets are so different. I have been eating yogurt and hot-n-sour soup (basically broth with egg and tofu.) I have eaten watermelon also, basically chewed enough, there is nothing left! I tried pureed meats, couldn't handle the texture.

I do think I eat too much soup but it's basically water. The 6 ounce yogurt takes so long to eat, I get bored with it. I have yet to fill hungry or full but I think my incision making me fill sick to my stomach is the reason for that.

Chrissy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views