Exercise "Are You Doing It?"

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/10 2:03 am

I am wondering how many of us April newbies are exercising. My exercises right now consists of getting housework done. This involves using the stairs, making the bed and stuff like that so I don't feel like I am really doing anything. I met with the nutritionist and exercises physiologist last Thurs. and they said I am doing fine with what I am doing but my mind and body want more but my health says no. Moving too much makes my leak sprout into a tiny geyser.

But today I promised myself I would sit on my ball and do some arm exercises. I will let you know tomorrow how it goes.

Our board has gotten a little slow hasn't it. Let's get it going again. Everyone think of a question, survey, recipe or something to share every few days. This board has always been my favorite. We are peers amongst peers and know each other better.

Diana

Keldriv
on 5/17/10 2:20 am - Fair Play, SC
I started rideing my stationary bike again on saturday. I was able to ride for 2 miles and 12 min. I do have some trouble getting tasks done due to dizziness and heart raceing, But I do pritty well for someone who is only 3 weeks out.
                                   Married Mother of 3 Likeing the New Me!!
Highest Weight 384, Pre-surgery weight 313, Current Weight @144, Goal Weight 150, Ideal Weight
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
"Be not anxious for what you shall eat, or what you shall drink ... or what you shall wear ... Isn't life more than food? ... and the body more than clothing?"~ Luke 12:22; 29
Kelly    
heitimay
on 5/17/10 2:22 am
Diana, I am trying to get exercise by walking but my biggest problem is that I don't have it as a habit yet. Last week, hubby and I went camping and did some great hikes that worked me out. I use the Wii at home sometimes. Thankfully, I am recovered from surgery almost 100%. If I had gone through everything that you have, I would be in the chair with the remote control for a while longer! Take care of yourself and heal.
Heiti
sarcstk1inct
on 5/17/10 3:10 am - Wallingford, CT
I try to walk everyday, about 1.25 miles, but with New England weather being what it is, I have missed too many days. I am cold most of the time now and walking in the rain or 40 degree weather (which we suprisingly had a couple of recently) was not going to happen. So this weekend I joined a gym. Just doing the treadmill for now, but hoping when I have my followup on Weds, they give me the ok to do weight resistance.

Emily F.
on 5/17/10 4:43 am
Sadly no. I haven't. I was told I could walk all I wanted and then elliptical and weights at 6 weeks. a couple weekends ago I swam with my kids and every muscle ached so I decided not to work out until the 6 weeks. Today is SIX WEEKS. So I do need to get in the gym. I'm going to pack my bag tonight for tomorrow (Can't today bc of girls' gymnastics).
spragan
on 5/17/10 4:53 am
I haven't really done any exercise, per say. But I did buy a pedometer and have been tracking my steps. I average about 6,000  a day. I want to shoot for 10,000. Hopefully after my stupid back starts to agree with me, I'll get up on my treadmill and start walking. My husband wants to shed a few pounds (He doesn't need to! He's 6'4 and 198 lbs!) so he's been pushing me to walk with him. But honestly, I'm so exhausted after I get home from work it's all I can do to cook dinner!

MommyosaRose
on 5/17/10 4:57 am
 I have been walking on my Tred Mill when I go down to the basement to do laundry...neddless to say that I only do laundry once a week! So i'm not excercising nearly as much as I should because I have been lazy! I need a good kick start...on my ASS! 

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

teelcap
on 5/17/10 4:59 am
I have been walking.  I started out with 1/2 a mile and then went to 2 miles a day.  Have just been cleared by Dr. for more strenuous exercise so started a little jogging on Saturday.  Hoping to get into a routine and adding light weights. 
NavyWife09
on 5/17/10 5:35 am
 I do my treadmill about 5 days a week for 1.5 miles and then I swim 3 days a week for an hour.. and then a couple of days a week walk at the track while my husband runs...
mandeepandy2001
on 5/17/10 6:18 am
 i have been going on walks with my dog i try to do at least three ten min walks a day, that's all i am doing for now, i have an elliptical but i am not going to use that till i am at least 4 weeks out 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views