Need some support, feeling blue

beautifully_broken27
on 5/17/10 1:58 am
so im a little over 3 weeks out and im still nauseous, vomitting, and having stabbing pains in the pouch area.  i am pretty sure the pain is from vomitting.  had to go back to the er last friday and am waiting for the drs office to open to call them to see where to go from here.  they are not sure whats going on, all tests show my blood is good and my pouch does not have a leak or stricture.  they think its just dehydration and the fact that i can only eat 1 maybe 2 meals a day so im not getting protein to heal. im so tired of not feeling this way and want to start liking my decision for surgery.  yesterday i told my husband i should never have had this surgery.....i know, dramatic but i just want to feel better.  i got some sugar free snowcone mix (thanx for the idea muph!) gonna try and see if that will go down well.  2 anti nausea meds and still not getting better.  what the heck???  anyone else experiencing this?
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/10 2:35 am
Oh sweetie you are not alone. I had a few complications and I keep getting nauseas and having the same symtpoms. They put me on IV fluids for an afternoon for the dehydration and it helped. I found if I can ge****er going in first thing in the morning I have a better chance at drinking more but it's hard when even water makes you feel icky.

I ordered some protien that has 50 grams in 2.9 ounces because I am failing at the protein thing too. If I don't vomit, I get the stuck feeling, the foamies or just feel miserable.

I have conqueured the vitamins. VitaFusuion has adult gummy multi-vitamins and gummy calciums that are tasty. I was a failure at vitamins because the Centrum Chewies made me gag.

Make a list of even the tiniest things that improve. Yesterday I threw away two sizes of underwear and got all my vitamins down for 2 days. And I also was able to change from wearing mini-pads over my navel to wearing 2 cottonballs and a giant bandaid over my leak. I had not needed sanitary napkins since 1993 (LOL). I have been sleeping in bed for two weeks.

Get you some Tropical Sugar Free Popcycles. Many days I live on them. You eat them like crushed ice and you don't feel sick. Eddy's makes a fruit popcycle that has no sugar added and tastes great. I think our blood sugar gets low and the Eddy's brings it back up so we feel better. There are 25 calories in each.

So many people here have given me the strength to be patient. I would like to share that strength with you. Many have shared our agony and have also shared support. Give your hubby a big smile and look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you love yourself and you are going to be all better soon. You will be and me too! Yesterday I vomitted the anti-nausea med and if that aint some kind of joke I don't know what is.

Keep in touch with your doc. I am and I see them for the 5 th time in 5 weeks on Wednesday. They will check my blood count and my little belly button geyser.

Bye Sweetie, write me a PM and keep me up to date!

Diana
chrissyce
on 5/17/10 3:21 pm
I can definitely understand being anxious and upset it isn't going so well. I was expecting to be in a different position also and am not happy but I believe this was the best decision still. I'm supposed to have another surgery after I lose my weight but I'm not sure if I want to go through with it unless there is absolutely no way to solve the issue.

I still eat ice on days everything tastes too sweet, even my favorite sugar free popsicles make me feel nauseous. The surgery really changed a lot of things, including my tastes. But I think that is normal. I have also had to take my vitamins while eating yogurt or my stomach aches.

I would try to remember your reasons for doing the surgery and know they haven't changed. Look towards the prize. I have constant pain and my regular doctor asked my to stop the pain meds for my incision because she doesn't want me to get addicted. I have tons of addicts in my family and fear it. When the incision pain gets really bad, I just remember it's nothing like when my regular pains came back after stopping the pain meds. We can handle a lot, even if we don't want to. I hope that makes sense.

Chrissy
beautifully_broken27
on 5/19/10 11:35 am
Diana and Chrissy, you are both amazing!  Thank you for the support!

I went to the dr yesterday and found I have gall stones so another surgery is close in my future.  I hope this is the reason all this pain and nausea has been present.  I will keep you all posted, I see the dr tomorrow to find out surgery date.

Thank you again for the support!  It makes me feel a lot better!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views