Guess what my mom saved??

Emily F.
on 5/16/10 10:38 am
So funny. My mom is NOT a pack rat. She cleans and declutters often. But we were talking about how baggy my pants were and she said I think I have something and ran to her closet. She then took out five pairs of jeans from when I was 18 and lived at home. I couldn't believe she saved them! So weird. I don't even think the wash is in style anymore but I'm going to keep them and see if they ever fit, lol.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
mandeepandy2001
on 5/16/10 11:25 am
that is to funny, and sweet
Blue_Rattie
on 5/16/10 11:58 am
Awesome!! Win-win, right? You get pants that fit and she de-clutters her closet a little bit =)

But really, the washes hardly matter nowadays! You should see some of the weird ones from The Children's Place (that I DIDN'T buy my son because I thought they were stupid looking!)
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

kitycat58
on 5/16/10 2:13 pm
That is so special.  As a mom, we tend to do things like that.  Who knows why, but I have a suitcase of my son's clothes.   I hope you can give back to your mom in some way.  She probably had more reasons than you know, and not just being a pack rat...

I am sure your jeans will fit soon.  And you will look great in them!
tnchickenfeathers
on 5/16/10 6:21 pm - Savannah, TN
My church ladies goes to Goodwill about maybe every 3 months and the last time that we went was before my surgery we go on the first Saturday that way it is all half off.Anyway they all decided that this was my day out.They also decided to bring me spmething that they wear and give it to me and when I get down to be able to wear it I will think "Hey I weight close to her now." I have the best support people around me...My sister for Christmas sent me 6 packages of Pantys from what size I wear now down to a size 6...

MommyosaRose
on 5/16/10 11:38 pm
Arent' Moms just AWESOME???

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/10 1:53 am
My daughter gave me a pair of Bass loafers when she was 18 years old. I still have them and she is 38 years old now. But I have over 100 pair of shoes (my great weakness). All of my shoes are in plastic boxes with holes I drilled in them (boxes not shoes). Then I took my digital camera and took pictures of them, numbered the pictures, pasted them on the boxes and created a thumbnail catalog. I have almost bought exactly the same shoes twice if not for the catalog. I have probably not worn 2/3's of the shoes because of my weight.

Kim5515
on 5/20/10 12:01 am - Bonney Lake, WA

Wonderling - You inspired me.. I too am a shoes nut.  I have the plastic boxes, but the photos are a great idea.  I end up spending too much time going through the boxes each morning.  Biggest issue I have right now is that I used to wear a 8.5 Wide shoe.... now the wides are coming off as I walk.  Sadly, I think I must part with some of my collection soon...

And yes, I agree.. Mom's rock !!!

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views