Weird....

Blue_Rattie
on 5/16/10 5:40 am
I can't believe on Tuesday it will be 5 weeks.....it seriously doesn't SEEM that long....

Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

heitimay
on 5/16/10 6:39 am
Yeah, I agree. I return to work in a week and a half. Last night I had the first dream about work since I've been off and it was all about deadlines! Being off is nice.
Are you having trouble with your pouch and food? I was doing well on soft foods, nothing spicy and for the last week, I've had troubles. Pain vomiting and such. I tried going on liquids yesterday and it helped a little. Today I tried saltines, cheese and avocado for lunch and it hasn't gone too well. It isn't blockage, just disagrees with me. Just wondering if you have experienced this too.
Heiti

Emily F.
on 5/16/10 10:28 am
I know. Tomorrow is six weeks for me. Time flies. I just hope the weight continues to come off!!!
Blue_Rattie
on 5/16/10 11:56 am
Heiti - I haven't really had problems with any foods, but the last two days I've thrown up. Well, first day it was foamies only - I hadn't eaten or drank anything within like a half hour or so, and it was so sudden!! Yesterday when I got sick, it was from a turkey meatball, which went down fine a few days before. It's seriously back and forth with what works and what doesn't!

Emily - You still on the 4lbs, then days long stall? It happened again to me! I've been at 270-271 for like a week, but I weighed myself today at it was 266. Maybe it's because I went #2 yesterday, LOL. Cleared out my system, ROFL.
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

hop2bthin
on 5/18/10 5:21 pm - Florence, AL
Hi Karen, My name is Robbie I am waiting for response from my insurance, I'm going to have the RNY. I was wondering if you would mind telling me some dos & don'ts that might help me after surgery. I know everyone will have different effects from surgery. But I would like to hear a few things from someone with first hand experience, & since you are very new to everything it is still fresh on your mind. I thought you could tell me somethings to expect. I would really appreciate any advice you could share with me. I'm very excited about having the surgery done, I can't stand the waiting....LOL. But I'm nervous at the same time, but more excited. What do you mean " the foamies"  Or dumping ( I'm Pretty sure I know what this one means...LOL. thanks!!!
heitimay
on 5/16/10 3:42 pm
Hey Karen, glad to hear you are past your "stuck" point...in both ways, the scale and the bathroom. Haha.
I'm a little worried about returning to work if I get sick from my lunch while there. But I just need to only pack what I have had good experiences with and it will all be ok. Can you tell I"m talking to myself so I quit worrying?
I went camping with hubby last week and we did a lot of hiking. It was good to get away from the scale and when I came home I have gone down four more pounds! I haven't been able to discipline myself to only weigh once a week. Congrats on your continued losses!
Heiti

janetkay77
on 5/17/10 4:32 am - Katy, TX

I had surgery on April 2 of 2010 and lost 30 pounds within the first three weeks.  After that I stayed at 30 pounds lost for another 3 weeks.  When I weighed this morning finally dropped again another 4 pounds.  I was pretty active over the weekend with housecleaning and I think that made the biggest difference for me.  I haven't started exercising too much yet because I still have an open incision.  One thing I decided to do is stop weighing every day.  

Janet

teelcap
on 5/17/10 5:01 am
It will be 5 weeks for me on Wednesday.  Time really has gone by fast. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views