Whats your favorite thing about your wls so far?

Emily F.
on 5/14/10 5:38 am
Okay, I know there are a few people who are still in the yucky-first-healing-days. But I wanted to start a positive thread about the good aspects of our journeys so far.

I know I haven't lost as much as some people, but loving the new sizes and clothes I'm fitting in. My sil had lapband 2 years ago and she gave me 20s and 22s. I've never fit into most of them but kept 1 bag for 'one day'. Well, I'm in them all. Plus I decided to check the clearance rack at Cato's. Found a tank top for summer in an 18/20 and it fits GREAT.

What's your fav thing?
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Blue_Rattie
on 5/14/10 7:02 am
Haven't a bit more energy that I didn't have before! Counting my pre-sugery weight loss, I'm at almost 60lbs lost in 4 months!!

And NOT having back pain!!! TOTAL win for me!! Well, I still have a little sometimes, but not a constant every day type pain I had before!!
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/10 7:35 am
My favorite things are all the people here who care about me and others. Add to that the private PM's, blog notifications, and our April forum. I love you all!

Soon I know I will have a huge list of favorite things to do, eat and just feel good about but until then I have all of you who give me a warm feeling in my heart!
Emily F.
on 5/14/10 7:48 am, edited 5/14/10 9:01 am
AWWWWW, you sweetheart!!!! I heart Diana!!!!! :)
mandeepandy2001
on 5/14/10 8:56 am
my favorite thing about wls so far is feeling like i am in control again i did not realize how little control i had over myself till i stated the 2 week pre-op liquid diet, it was a real eye opener for me, now after surgery i feel like i am in control over my own body again i am not drooling over all the old crap i used to eat and i am still enjoying eating what i can right now, looking forward to having food i can chew again but not eating just to eat eating for my health. sorry that got a little long winded.

also love this board

kwkelly
on 5/14/10 8:58 am
I agree that was a very sweet post !! :-)

I love being able to fit into my clothes better!! I love not craving chips and icecream!! It's amazing!! Those were my 2 downfalls and I have not even wanted them since surgery!! I love learning how to be healthy and trying new healthy recipes....I guess I could keep on but I will let someone else go now :)

Emily F.
on 5/14/10 10:40 pm
I forgot to say how cool it is to get three meals out of one!! I'm lovin' leftovers and never thought that would happen. I have all my containers and divide the leftovers into three meals for me and 1 lunch for hubby. So cool. Hubby accused me of eating out too much bc he saw the doggy bag from a restaurant. Then I point out it was the SAME meal from eating out three days ago. He said okay then. lol.
Razzmuffin
on 5/15/10 12:54 am - Collinsville, IL
I haven't lost much weight since surgery and I know I am fitting my clothes better....but my favorite thing since weight loss surgery is...(insert drumroll here) THE MONEY I SAVE !!!! I couldn't believe the denial I lived in... I can safely say that with groceries and fast food/dining out I spent about 600+ a month on food. WTH was I doing to myself. I have extra money now I have the money to go out and be active and have fun. It is amazing. I imagine in time when the weightloss is more noticeable that I will have a real good time spending that money.

Razz

michelly1030
on 5/15/10 2:10 am, edited 5/15/10 2:20 am - Turlock, CA
I feel confident again
I EAT TO LIVE not LIVE TO EAT!
My clothes (18/xl) are getting baggy (I was a TIGHT 18  or xxl before RNY) I wore a LARGE t shirt yesterday! Woowoot!

MY ARTHRITIS has already improved, drastically... I feel so good

If only I had energy... (chronic fatigue has always been a problem for me though)

current weight- 221! From 258!
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
heygiz00
on 5/15/10 2:52 am
I think just overall feeling better, thinking more clearly without all the sugar in my system. Its nice to realize that I dont need all that junk food and excess amounts of food and that I am fine...

Live Laugh & Love...Life is too short to settle for less...    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views