Diana/Wonderling? Where are you?

Blue_Rattie
on 5/13/10 12:39 pm, edited 5/14/10 3:30 am
Just wondering how you've been......

Karen
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Blue_Rattie
on 5/14/10 3:30 am
This is like day 2 or 3 that she hasn't checked in here.....
Emily F.
on 5/14/10 4:51 am
I don't know if its any better, but she was having to wait on someone to get home and hand her the lap top, she couldn't lift it herself. So maybe she is just busy but would love to hear from her, myself!
Blue_Rattie
on 5/14/10 7:09 am
Just found a blog she posted about 5 hours ago....=)

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/10 7:20 am
Hi friends,

I am here but it seems like I go 2 steps back for every 1 step I go forward. I haven't been able to eat for 2 days. Dumping and stuck feelings are worse than any other illness I have ever known.

My belly button still leaks and the area looks and feels bad because of the bandages. I think I have lost a layer of skin to blisters. I started folding mini pads folded sticky side to sticky side and after putting a three cotton balls in my navel I tape them on. Then finally I put a folded washcloth over the bandage so I won't leak onto my clothes.

I called the medical supply company to pick up the recliner chair lift on Friday and then called them back on Thursday to keep it another month. This chair has been my salvation. Yesterday I fell asleep from 3:30 to 7:30 in the chair and went to bed 45 minutes later.

I met with the nutritionist and exercise physiologist and they told me to not worry about what I can't do and just do what I can and when things heal I will be able to do more. I am moving around the house a lot and today made a flip flop holder. It holds 12 pair and hooks on the back of my bedroom door. I am trying to get back into my hobbies and the bicycling and camping will come soon.

Finally I have never met such a good group of people as I have here at OH. I don't go to the main forum at all anymore. I don't have a thick enough skin to put up with the rude people even if the rudeness is not directed at me. It's really sad that it's the older veterans here that shoot there rudeness at newbies who came to the forum for advice.

Diana
Blue_Rattie
on 5/14/10 7:45 am
At least you're doing better though!! I had the foamies today....don't even know WHAT caused it! I hadn't eaten or drank anything within about an hour, so it baffled me. Stood over the trash can in the kitchen...sigh. My almost 4 year old came in and asked me "Are you throwing up, mommom?" Makes me feel even worse! And every time I stand up I get lightheaded. Not dizzy like I had been, but just a little off balance and wanting to sit down quickly again. I think I'm not drinking enough =(

I'm sorry your belly button is still leaking =( Is the incision getting any smaller? Do the doctor estimate how long it will ooze? Maybe use an extra strength maxi pad =P

And I hear you on the main board. I think I've been ehre long enough to see the trends over there. Ups and downs, love and then outrage. I pick and choose what to erad. Stuff that grabs my interest. No where is it written that I have to read everything posted =)

Just wanted to know I've been thinking about you and have missed your posting =( But I totally udnerstand needing to rest and heal!!!

Many hugs, Diana!
Karen

Emily F.
on 5/14/10 8:15 am
Ugh Ugh Ugh. I hate that you are still having problems. The leaking bellybutton does not sounds enticing at all!!  I definitely wouldn't worry about moving around too much. I haven't exercised at all but I guess I'm going to have to start!! Little steps, right? 

Good to hear from you Diana.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views