taking digestive enzymes?

murfy
on 5/14/10 3:11 am - Jacksonville, FL
my primary care doctor has recommended that i take digestive enzymes now that i don't have a gallbladder and have had gastric bypass. is this something that wls patients need to take? i have been having a lot of sharp pain where my pouch is after i eat and the only thing that takes the sharp pressure away is taking loads of laxatives.

can anyone recommend a way to aid in digestion without having to take laxatives everyday? digestive enzymes? stool softeners?

p.s. i only eat about 3 ounce meals 2 or 3 times a day. i can't fit anymore than that yet. a lot of the time i still feel full when i wake up in the morning.
Murf

Blue_Rattie
on 5/14/10 3:35 am
I take probiotics daily....

I know bariatric advantage has some, but I buy mine from goutcure.com (since we get gout stuff for my hubby from there as well)
http://goutcure.com/prth.html

PS - how are you feeling now? Did you get bloodwork done?
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

murfy
on 5/14/10 3:51 am - Jacksonville, FL
my mom got me some digestive enzymes with probiotics in it. i have tried drinking it after i eat. but it doesn't exactly feel good in my pouch.

i am feeling pretty terrible lately. i still have the sharp pain. my doctor insists that it's nothing to worry about. my blood work should be back today to see if everything is ok in there.

also, i haven't been able to have my rheumatoid arthritis infusion in a month and a half because of surgery. this is adding to my overall crappy feelings. and i am not eating much because of the pain, and i feel really weak.
Murf

Emily F.
on 5/14/10 4:50 am
I know people take probiotics but there are some digestive enzymes that will make you absorb more so your weight loss will slow. Just make sure its not that kind.
michelly1030
on 5/15/10 4:01 am - Turlock, CA
Murf- I would talk to your RNY surgeon about this before taking anything. I was told to call before taking any kind of laxative because there are some that are unsafe for us. Im seeing my doc on Monday for my 1 month checkup and I am going to ask which are safe for us to take bcuz I am constipated ALL THE TIME and it's awful! I'll let you know

Also I have RA as well, luckily Ive never gotten to the point of needing infusions (yet?). I take mobic but since surgery I havent had a flare and have been feeling good, just the usual chronic fatigue. I also have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis in my knees.
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views