Thiamin and Probiotics

beautifully_broken27
on 5/10/10 10:03 am
Since surgery I have been in the ER once and admitted for 2 nights due to ongoing nausea, vomiting, and the need for fluids.  I have not wanted to eat anything and can barely hold down water...though it's getting better. I went for my post op appt with my nut today and she said the symptoms I am having are consistent with Thiamin deficiency.  Today I am starting on Thiamin to try to relieve the nausea, and vomiting.  She also recommended Probiotics to help regulate my bowels from issues like diarrhea, constipation, gas and bloating.  I am hoping this will work since I either have really bad diarrhea or constipated like now (haven't had a bm since Friday).  Sorry for too much info!

Just wanted to share since I know others may have the same issue...hoping we can help each other heal together!  I will keep you posted on whether the thiamin and probiotics work!
Emily F.
on 5/10/10 10:26 am
Gosh, I'm glad you are feeling better but sorry for the crappy (no pun intended) time you've had. I hope you get even better.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
beautifully_broken27
on 5/10/10 2:28 pm
awww...thanks!  from one Emily to another!! 
Blue_Rattie
on 5/10/10 6:13 pm
I have the constipation to diarhhea, too!! There is NO in between - just one or the other!

I have to remember to take my probioti****ep forgetting to put it into my weekly meds container!
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views