No Interest in Food, whatsoever!

michelly1030
on 5/9/10 5:57 am - Turlock, CA
Hey guys. It's me again. Am I the Queen of posting or what? haha

I have developed one of the "side effects" of RNY that my nutritionist and RD warned us about. I have no interest in food, whatsoever. This is a really wierd thing for me since I was a food lover (duh) before my RNY, I literally have to just make myself eat. I want to be healthy. BUT nothing tastes good, I crave nothing and I am not hungry. I am even having a hard time getting liquids in, also force myself to drink.. My tastebuds have changed 100%, everything tastes different, my pouch only really likes cheese or applesauce and those dont taste good either. I've become lactose intolerant as far as milk/yogurt/cottage cheese/pudding go, so I avoid those. Popsicles seem to be the only thing that I like. Literally. Ugh, it's reallly really annoying. I have GOT to get all my fluids and protein in, we all do, but it's so hard. Hope this goes away! I am going to call the dietician and see what he says... I see my PA next week for my one month checkup already...Ive lost 33 lbs so far. Been stuck at the same weight for 3 days...bummer 
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Blue_Rattie
on 5/9/10 6:14 am
I'm partially the same way. The stuff I want I can't have.

So the only things that appeal to me that I CAN have are yogurt - which I have none; and cream of chicken soup =P

Though today I had 3oz of refried beans with some shredded cheddar today that was good.
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Razzmuffin
on 5/9/10 7:39 am - Collinsville, IL
I am opposite... I just finished cooking my daughter pulled chicken tacos and southwestern rice.... and I had to go lock myself in my room. I want to eat... I am not regretting my decision to have surgery, I just wish I was a little further out so that I could chew something while she eats. Right now I hate that I love to cook, and that my daughter still has to eat lol.

bigisbad
on 5/9/10 8:14 am - Canada, Canada
Somewhat similar.

Had the sleeve 1 month ago yesterday and I have to remind myself to eat.
In the morning I have 1 egg and half a slice of ham
Lunch I have a protein shake... low cal
Dinner I have a few spoons of veggies, 1 fork full of potatoes and two bites of chicken
At nite I cheat and have a low fat pudding cup... yum
Liquids are no problem
Ive lost 1/3 of my goal weight the first month.

Good Luck

Emily F.
on 5/9/10 9:36 am
I wonder if its the difference in surgeries bc I think food tastes better now. I don't get hungry but I still like to eat, just get full and stay full forever it seems.

I also have had some stalls so try not to get frustrated. Look at how far you've come!!
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
mandeepandy2001
on 5/9/10 11:25 am
i have actually been getting hungry the past couple of days i wish  i did not want to eat

beautifully_broken27
on 5/9/10 1:30 pm
i'm having the same problem.  there are foods that i "crave" but when i think about actually eating them there is no way.  i got down some bean with bacon soup today, just the sauce.  i haven't reached 48 ozs of liquids yet and can't find barely any foods that agree with my pouch.  i get to start my puree diet tomorrow so i am hoping refried beans and eggs will allow me to eat more to get more protein.  i also am lactose intollerant and don't want to go anywhere near milk, yogurt, or pudding.  i really hope this goes away for both of us cause it is miserable on this end! i've already been to ER once and admitted for 2 days once since surgery so i don't want to go back.  i am forcing as much liquids as i can.  i see my nut tomorrow, hopefully she will have some good advice!  hang in there.
wiltedrose314
on 5/10/10 11:31 pm - Falmouth, MA
i am in the same boat as you girl. i never WANT food so i have been skipping lunch most days... not good, my protein intake is extrememly LOW! I went to the NUT yesterday and she repremanded me about my protein intake and my liquid intake... both are very low! I also cannot tolerate milk... but lactaid is good, i like it so much better than soy milk.

Maybe you could make some protein popsicles?! that way youll get the protein in and still have the popsicles which you can tolerate.
i am eating a lot of chilis and cottage cheese or cheese in general. hormels turkey chili in a can isnt bad and its low in fat too! ive also been able to tolerate a lot of white fish, scallops, shrimp, etc. and those are higher in protein! 3-4 oz of fish fill me up!
HW 310/SW 284.5/CW 201/GW 150

michelly1030
on 5/11/10 2:09 pm - Turlock, CA
It gets so frustrating! I am allergic to shellfish and I have lost the taste for fish (tried some and I almost threw up at the taste, new tastebuds are so picky! haha). Man, I wish I could have some crab and shrimp! I love it! But as I've gotten older my allergy has gotten worse, so no more for me...boohoo

I am going to get some lactaid tomorrow and I need to restock my cheese supply hahaha The babybel cheese (the original in the red wax)  is my  fav and there is also this Cabernet Soaked Cheddar that is the most delicious cheese EVER, it's made by a dairy local to me (Fiscalini's)...

Right now protein powder is not working for me, because of the dairy...so I need to get some non-dairy powder-- my friend recommend J Robb's Egg White Protein, so I tried some and YUMMY!!! It was so good tasting! I definitely need to get some! I am going to try to make some popsicles with protein- good idea. I also cannot tolerate cottage cheese or yogurt... Man, this has been frustrating, but worth it, dont get me wrong!!!
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views