My vitamins

Blue_Rattie
on 5/6/10 4:29 pm
I have the HARDEST time with my calcium. I've posted about it before...can NOT find one that totally agrees with me! I know I need to suck it down and take something.....(BTW - I have a container of BA calcium crystals that I have only used once that I'm willing to get rid of cheap :))

I think Celebrate vitamins are a winner. Not a winner for their multi, but the other things I tried I found something I could totally do.

Calcet chews from Celebrate are aTHE BOMB...though I do really like the lemon chews from Bariatric Advantage! The BA ones are 250mg calcium citrate per chew and the calcet ones, which taste better, are 500mg. 2:1 ratio. BA are a *****eaper, but the Calcet ones are worth it :)

And I really like their B12 - literally melted in my mouth. Too bad I just bought a bottle from Vitalady and am only taking every other day! lol - DEFINITELY on my list to get next time I need!!

AND finally - iron! I have to take mymultivitamin with my iron pills because they have iron in them. If they didn't, I could take with my calcium. So my multi has 18mg iron. Celebrate has these 18mg chewable tangerine flavored ones. OMG they were delicious =P Who knew taking supplements could taste so good?????

I do want to check out the Raspberry Chocolate Truffle Iron from BA, though!! Brand new!!
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

TeeMarie
on 5/6/10 8:07 pm - Hartford, CT
I actually like (and look forward to) the celebrate multi orange are great/grape is ok too.  Haven't started the others yet until I go to my post-op visit.

RNY-4/29/2010

HW 273 / SW 265/ CW 232/ GW 140

(!? I will get there some day!)

RNY revision/repair! 6/18/19

Blue_Rattie
on 5/7/10 3:30 am
I've tried samples of both - grape - not so hot on those, but the orange were good =) Thing is that I'm okay taking my Costco centrum equivalents. Which is a container of 500, so 250 days....that's a long time!
But definitely something I would consider getting later!

DeboraBoyd
on 5/6/10 9:40 pm - NJ
Look on my profle and look at my Pic  I  Posted Pic of all the things I bought ! Maybe that will help !
Thank God for his Grace !
OH Girly Debora  4M out

mandeepandy2001
on 5/7/10 1:55 am
i hate my calcium i have the BA calcium lozenges in cherry and if i don't suck on it for like 20 min it taste like cherry chalk. my mutli and b12 and iron are ok though.
_Suzy_
on 5/7/10 3:36 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Blah - I have a bottle of the orange Celebrate multi's  CANNOT do it.  I just can't stand that texture.  And the vitamin taste.  

I take the Citracal Petites for Calcium.

So, I am guessing I should probably be taking extra iron in addition to what's in my multi?  I use The Walgreens version of Centrum.

Still learning.
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301
Current               206

O M G - I am down over 100#.  

Blue_Rattie
on 5/7/10 4:17 am
I have been using a gentle iron glycinate 29mg every other day/night...when I remember to take it.
I figure if it's something I actually like the taste of (the Celebrat one is chewable, mine is a capsule) I'm sure to take it more often!

Like over 80% of gastric bypass (with malabsorption) become anemic. I'm not, and I don't want to be! =P

LadySteeler
on 5/8/10 4:41 am - Clayton, NC
 I bought all my vitamins at WalMart and just crush them up... no taste... no sweat... The only chewable I have is my multi... I can't wait to be able to swallow pills again!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views