Don't know what I expected....

Razzmuffin
on 5/7/10 2:08 am - Collinsville, IL
Really, I don't know what I expected but I guess this wasn't it....I have not had one single problem (knock on wood) I am 16 days out, went back to work exactly 1 week out, everything I have eaten or drank stays down fine. (not cheating) .  I struggle with liquids, but getting my protein in and vitamins too.  BUT I guess I thought that I would lose faster the first 2 weeks, and though I know it will come off, I can't help feel disappointed....Is that wrong?  I have lost 13.5 lbs in 16 days.  that is good right?  So how come I can't stop feeling like I am not losing?  I am a freak.  I really want to be down close to 200 by the time I go on my Caribean cruise in October and I know that it slows down and you have stalls so I was just counting on the fast drop in the early beginning. LOL, Iknow if I had posted this on the main board I would have become someones mid morning snack, so just thought I would put this out there in case anyone else is feeling the same.  Or if you just want to tell me I am crazy and to chill out.  :)

razz

wiltedrose314
on 5/7/10 2:34 am - Falmouth, MA
you are losing and really thats all that should matter!
this is a whole life change not just a fad diet that you have jumped on and may fall off again. you have this tool to help you lose and continue to lose for the rest of your life!!
Emily F.
on 5/7/10 3:19 am
Being two weeks out, u are still losing water weight from the surgery!' I'm losing reaaally slow and trying not to get discouraged. U r doing great!!
_Suzy_
on 5/7/10 3:22 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Hey Razz.  I am right there with ya.  I am wanting "too much too soon"....I have stopped getting on my scale.  Just after 2 weeks I was UP 2 pounds, then down - then up 1.  Enough to drive me mad. 

Seriously - stop weighing yourself ....I am going to only weigh in once every 2 weeks.  I had my surgery one day before you - and  I am down 15 lbs as of yesterday.  Let's just focus on what we need to do ..follow all the rules.....and before we know it - 6 months will have passed.  And I am sure we will be very pleasantly surprised!!!!

I also have not had any problems with anything....of course I haven't really tried too many things, either.  I am on puree right now.
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301
Current               206

O M G - I am down over 100#.  

Butterfly_Kisses1217
on 5/7/10 8:18 am
In the same boat. I have lost 20lbs and thats it. I thought it would be coming off much faster also..My scale is up and down so I have decided that I am done with it for a while. I'm on puree also and take my foods very well with no problems but getting all my liquids in just does not happen. I'm just gonna go with the flow and see what happens. I dont want to stress over it too much.
Emily F.
on 5/7/10 8:56 am
I'm so happy I'm not the only slow loser. I was getting worried. :)
mspiccolo
on 5/7/10 1:38 pm - Camarillo, CA
I think we all have to remember that we are losing.  Slow or fast...we are losing and it's still alot faster than before we had the surgery.  We are also still healing.  Be patient...we will all get there.

kwkelly
on 5/7/10 3:32 pm
I am right there with everyone too!! Thinking I am not loosing it fast enough but I just have to keep trying to NOT compare myself to others because I should be thrilled that I have lost almost 25 lbs in 5 weeks!!!! We are all going to do great and make life time changes we just need to stop getting discouraged by looking at everyone else!! All bodies are different!!! good luck to everyone and hang in there we will get there before you know it!! :)

Lifeski
on 5/8/10 5:37 am
I had no preop diet so I dropped pretty fast at first. I am down 29-30 lbs total but have lost nothing in 8 days. Yes it is a bit depressing but I am trying to keep a good attitude. I can not believe I could not lose weight on the calories I am consuming. There sure seem to be a lot of us not losing this very minute. Maybe that should be a message that this is not uncommon. Hang in there I am sure the pounds will start dropping again soon.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

scrappingtwinmom
on 5/9/10 8:53 am
Yup me too, I h ad surgery 4/26 and lost 10 lbs on the preop diet and then 8 and then I've been bouncing the same two pounds up and down for days.  I am barely eating 400 calories a day and imagine it must have something to do with metabolism or something because no way did I GAIN anything.  I need to stop weighing every day, that is for sure.  Glad to hear others are in the same boat.

Tami

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views