2 weeks out and having redness and heat at incision

murfy
on 5/7/10 11:23 pm - Jacksonville, FL
my incision has a hematoma. i went to the surgeon today and he stabbed a long qtip 6 inches into my stomach. i probably lost over a cup of blood. i am actually in too much pain and too upset to say anything else about it. if it doesn't get better, i will have to have surgery again to correct it. i have been crying since yesterday.
Blue_Rattie
on 5/8/10 11:35 am
Oh sweety, I'm sorry you're going through this =(

Do you have to take antibiotics?
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

murfy
on 5/8/10 12:49 pm - Jacksonville, FL
not yet. the surgeon said he wasn't sure it would be neccessary. i guess antibiotics are hard on new pouches and since it isn't really infected, i think he wants to wait and see. the main thing is to make sure all the fluid and blood drains. i am supposed to stick a long wooden qtip into the wound all the way in until it reaches my muscle wall :( eww apparently, wounds like this heal from the back to the front. i am supposed to keep it open, so that the fluid can drain until it gets smaller and smaller and then heals all the way. if the tract closes too early, fluid can collect between the muscle wall and the fat. this will cause a pocket that is really painful and can only be corrected by surgery.

i am very squeamish, but so far i have been able to do what he said to it twice. i hate it. it is so creepy. hopefully it will heal on it's own. the only problem is that i take prednisone daily and it cause healing to be a lot slower
Murf

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views