5 DPO Not sure how I feel ..

TeeMarie
on 5/4/10 7:27 am - Hartford, CT
I researched this surgery for 8+ years..I tried every diet possible.  I normally have a high pain tolerance and heal quickly.  I am not new to surgery have had 4 previous surgeries 2 of them were c-sections all which were WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY easier than what I experienced.

I was ready..prepared...there wasn't a person that was going to tell me not to have this surgery.  I went into the hospital prepared (so I thought) everyone at the hospital whas phenominal!!!  They were attentive, caring and some of the kindest people I ever encountered.

I won't go into a ton of detail unless someone has specific questions...but today I am 5dpo and I am completly miserable..writing this is taking all my energy.  I have alot of pain, everything taste HORRIBLE it is a full time job to sip sip sip all day long and get in the required fluids.  I will be on clear liquids until day 7 then I will be able to add some protein shakes. Week 3 is where i can add some "soft foods"

Just think and re think and think again your decision to have this surgery it changes your entire life...it is major surgery and is painful.  Right now i'm wishing i tried one last "diet" and gave it 20000% because this too is hard hard hard work as any diet and this is forever ..

I just want to feel better and put something in my mouth that will taste ok.
Emily F.
on 5/4/10 7:29 am
I'm sorry you are having regrets, but I honestly think its normal and part of the process. I hope you start feeling better and I'm AMAZED you can get your fluids in!! Wow, that's awesome.

Take care and update us!! I hope you start feeling better.1
TeeMarie
on 5/4/10 7:49 am - Hartford, CT
Oh no, I'm not getting it all in, yesterday was about 50 oz and today so far i'm at 40....My doc says he wants 80 oz no way that can happen.

Thank you for your kind words..I appreciate it.

RNY-4/29/2010

HW 273 / SW 265/ CW 232/ GW 140

(!? I will get there some day!)

RNY revision/repair! 6/18/19

Emily F.
on 5/4/10 7:51 am
Glad I'm not the only one!!!! I get 40 oz and I'm happy. :)
Blue_Rattie
on 5/6/10 3:17 pm
same here!!! 36-40 is my goal....Anything more than that and I'm a total winner and deserve a gold star =)
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

kbowman2
on 5/4/10 11:51 am
You sound just like I did at week one.  Every day has gotten a little better for me.  Hang in there.  I believe it will get better for you too.  I also agree that this op is not for the weak hearted.  I had NO idea I would feel so bad.  I was SO prepared and educated.  At first, family and friends would ask, how are you and my reply was I'm alive.  I felt like death for that first week.  Keep your head up and keep pushing.  It's over and done with now for both of us...now we have to live with our decision.  One day, I hope we can both say it was for the best. 

Kim
Heaviest 397/ Before Surgery 367/ Lowest 170/ Current 185

_Suzy_
on 5/4/10 12:03 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
Aww, I am sorry you feeling so miserable.  Actually day #5 was awful for me...and 6 & 7.  Thank god for the good pain meds that I had.  Hope you have some good pain med.  I didn't stress over not getting everything in.  I couldn't do it. 

Fast forward to Week #2.  I am Feeling GREAT!  I really feel back to my old self.  I started purees today.  You will get better - wait and see.  Until then ((((((hugs)))))) I know how miserable you feel. 

Take care of yourself and don't be too hard on yourself!

Suzy
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301
Current               206

O M G - I am down over 100#.  

kitycat58
on 5/4/10 3:16 pm
Really hope your spirits lift as time goes by...That first week is really hard..I continued to take pain meds into my 3rd week before I could get comfy...Please go over to the main board and post too. There are many more responces there and maybe someone that might be the right inspiration for you personally.  I am 1 month out and feeling much better...but still have those I want to be able to eat this..but you know what..there is not a diet I ever tried that I did not say the same thing..and those diets got me no where..I think of how miserable I was and how I felt everytime I tried on new clothes and they all looked, terrible.. You will feel better soon..Please hang in there..  We are all right there with you.
Shawn K.
on 5/5/10 5:27 am - The Colony, TX
Hopefully soon things will change, they did for me about a week later.  I too was preparred, all except two things, the horrible taste in my mouth, and the drain tube I was sent home with.  The taste, I either chew gum to kill it, or lick a touch of seasoning salt I have.  I know some drs do not like patients chewing gum, but considering I was coming in as a revision, I have learned to not swallow the gum. 

The drain tube(tether).  OMG, that was the most horrible thing, and yes it caused me such great pain.  Pain I thought was gas in my back going up to my shoulder, was the tube sitting on a nerve.  So the relief I felt at day 7 when it was gone, was just tremendous.  Heck took me a week and half to stop taking naps in the afternoon.  But I am back at work two weeks later, and still watching it as I do get tired easy, but trust me it is all worth it in the end.
I have started a blog all of my own for this journey.  Please follow me at www.digitalsheep.org.

albertaamanda
on 5/5/10 2:01 pm - Canada
My first week was HELL. I had my surgery April 19th, and i had the worst naseau in the world. i puked, and puked, and puked some more, all with a side of pain.I couldnt even get water down.  I was constantly back at the hospital for an IV and pain killers, they just kept the IV in, and i went back every 4-6hrs. I cried, and cried somemore. I didnt think it was ever going to end. It took about a week of anti-bile pills, (which im still on) pain killers ( i couldnt do any liquid had to be needle form) and IV nutrients to keep me going. But it slowly went away. Am only 16 days post-op, but feeling soo much better. It will pass..eventually..

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views