Off topic

mspiccolo
on 5/2/10 1:42 pm - Camarillo, CA
Just needed to vent   First let me start by saying the I have wonderful in-laws that I love very much.  We are the best of friends.   We went over tonight for my husbands Grandmother's birthday celebration and my mother-in-law was telling the grandparents about how she was surprised my husband spent the first night at the hospital with me....like it wasn't a normal thing to do.  Then she told them about how my  parents came to stay with us for 3 days after I got home from the hospital to help out and keep me company.  She couldn't believe that they stayed and she couldn't believe they would sleep in our living room (very small condo)  on a air mattress so they could be in the same room as me....I was sleeping on the recliner in the living room.  This is just what my family does, I don't see it be strange.  My parents are older and I so much appreciated the help and support they wanted to give me.  It just hurt that she would make fun of how my family handling things.  I guess the worse part was that just because this isn't something their family does, they attributed it to us being "brown" ....I'm Mexican.   

Anyway...just had to let some of my saddness out.  Thanks for listening

FWLizzie
on 5/3/10 12:50 am - Fort Worth, TX
I'm Mexican as well and I can definetely understand how you feel. Sometimes people don't understand the closeness of our culture. Everyone is there for everyone and we don't look at it as something abnormal but some people can't handle it.

I would be very proud that she attributed to being "brown"...that's a compliment!

Liz

mandeepandy2001
on 5/3/10 1:14 pm
i am pasty white girl lol. and my hubby stayed with me one night in the hospital and took the whole first week home also my parents were at the hospital almost all day for all 3 days i was in the hospital and my brother and his girlfriend came by twice and spent a few hours with me, i just count my self very lucky to have people who care enough to go out of their way to help you. we are lucky
mspiccolo
on 5/3/10 3:48 pm - Camarillo, CA

Thank you both.  I was soooo upset last night but I need to look at it differently.  Yes...I'm very lucky to have my family and love them very much.

boopsta
on 5/4/10 10:08 pm - Carrollton, VA
I am totally a white girl but let me start out by saying it sounds to me there is just a bit of resentment because maybe her family does not handle hospital stays and surgeries as your family does.  I think its wonderful that your family supports you in that way and they are there when you need them.  My husband stayed with me too and he took off the second day to stay with me so we are white folks  that love and support each other but I believe when you love someone you need to let them know that you support them no matter what.   Let me just say I commend you because you did not blow your stack but I too can feel the sadness that she announced it at a time that was not appropriate. 
  Betty        
FaithApril2010
on 5/5/10 5:00 am

Sounds like the MIL is feeling guilty that she didnt do more to help you!  
Hang in there, sweetie! 

5'6"  -12 lbs pre-op diet

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views