My Protein & Vitamins make me NAUSEAS

Sucha Pretty Face
on 5/1/10 1:12 pm - MA
I am about 4 weeks out . . . . (With complications, I went back in 9 day's later for another 4½ day's)

I've tried several protein drinks and several flavors, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and unflavored (I tried adding to soups)  Every time I drink them, I get sick to my stomach!

I wait a while, then I eat the vitamin and that does the same thing!

If I consume the vitamin or protein, I can't even stay hydrated like I should, because nothing will go down and stay down after, or I feel like my stomach just has no room.

The Crystal Light fruit flavored drinks are also making me queezy, so I've been sticking to ice cold water and some iced tea.

Today for breakfast, I attempted, but then avoided the protein and did great with hydration and eating.  I saved the vitamin for evening and I am not too sick to my stomach to go to sleep.

I don't want to lose my hair or become dehydrated.  Has this happened to anyone and can they please give me some advise?

Emily F.
on 5/2/10 4:54 am
Are you spreading the vites out? I took 3 pills at once in the hospital and was sick, so the doc told me to spread them out. I'm still only taking a couple three times a day.

I don't know about the protein, I never liked them so get my protein from food. Basically all I'm eating is meats and eggs.

Have you tried the unflavored protein powder that you put in something else? I have a tub of it and haven't gotten up the nerve to try it, though I will soon. I'm doing the 30g protein at 30 days, 60/60, 90/90.
Sucha Pretty Face
on 5/2/10 12:15 pm - MA
Yes, spreading them out pretty far, but each time I take one, I feel sick.

The "unflavored" protein is not so unflavorful at all.  It contains powdered milk, so as you would expect, it's going to change the taste of many things, and yes, even it makes me sick.   I did find for some people on here, that adding it to iced coffee made it taste creamier; if that gives you some hope.  As for me, when I used it, it was OK at first , but I couldn't fini****

I added it to a smoothie today and was able to get most of it down.

The nutritionist says I need about 68 - 73 grams of protein a day, and I'm no where near that. 

Emily F.
on 5/2/10 11:19 pm
We are survey buddies. I don't know if a pouch is similiar to my sleeve but it did get better for me. I told u I felt sick after 3 pills early on and now I take five in the am. Maybe there's hope!
Sucha Pretty Face
on 5/3/10 4:04 am - MA
 I hope so, and I hope it comes before I end up losing my hair.  

kbowman2
on 5/3/10 5:39 am
They make me sick too!  I tried a trial packet of unjury that was given to me by my surgeon's office and that seemed to be better then the whey protein I got from GNC (unflavored) absolutely AWFUL and the strawberry whey protein I got from Walmart (Body Fortress) which is so/so.  The smell just makes me nauseous.  I am doing two shakes a day now.  One in morning and one at night.  I mix it with 8oz skim milk put a few ice cubes in it to keep it super cold, hold my nose and go for the best.  I can't wait until I can eat protein bars instead.  But, please try the unjury.  I have to go buy some of it because it had no offensive odor and when it hit my stomach it did not give me that sick churning feeling.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views