IM NOT EATING ANY MEAT FOR AWHILE! UGH!

michelly1030
on 5/1/10 10:18 am - Turlock, CA
So no matter how marinated or soft or rare or whatever...meat always gets stuck!!! AND IT HURTS LIKE HELL! and then I end up vomiting and with the dreaded foamies and then I feel like crap for awhile. So that's it. Eggs and beans it it... I am quitting meat for now. Doesn't matter if I chew it a billion times, my pouch doesn't like it or something! ANyone else?
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
heitimay
on 5/1/10 11:50 am
Oh my goodness, I just had my first experience of "pouch grouchies"!!! It hurt so bad. I think I had taken a bite too quickly and too much and not chewed enough....whatever it was I knew immediately that this was not a good thing. I have had tuna, moist poached fish and some very moist chicken last night that I chewed really well. Tonight, the chicken "flew the coop" and now I feel a little bit better. Still hurts but not intensely.

Blue_Rattie
on 5/1/10 1:00 pm
I'm still on liquids.....think my first "meat" will be some flaky grilled tilapia from Gorton's. I'm HOPING it goes well! That will be on Tuesday =)

Sorry meat isn't sitting well
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

michelly1030
on 5/1/10 1:18 pm, edited 5/1/10 1:19 pm - Turlock, CA
Karen: Did u lose all 48 lbs after surgery or some before? WOW. U go girl! Maybe I shouldve stayed on liquids longer lol  I am on soft foods,includes soft meats but ugh...no thanks...
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Blue_Rattie
on 5/6/10 2:41 pm
hehehe no, sorry. I lost 30lbs prior from January to day of surgery. I was 297.5 day of surgery.
I changed my ticker =P

So far I am down about 23lbs though, in 3 weeks. So I average a pound a day. This seem right?
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Emily F.
on 5/2/10 3:54 am
I also am sticking to turkey and shrimp. Had two bad experience with taco meat and chicken. Doesn't sit, at all! We live and we learn. I hear you should retry a few weeks later but its going to have to be quite a while for me to forget!
MugsyMann
on 5/2/10 9:51 am - Keller, TX
 OMG i have this very same problem.  last night was horrible because of it!  
bacon1975
on 5/2/10 10:31 am - Minneapolis, MN
I had my RNY on 4/8, and I've been really lucky with meat.  I have had chicken, hamburger, tuna, and tonight I had steak.  The steak is sitting like a rock right now, but it doesn't hurt really...I'm just feeling way too full.  I put chicken through the food processor and put a little cheese on top.  That way seems to go down the best.  I haven't been able to do more than 2 ounces of meat in one meal either.

Maybe you just aren't ready, but you might be able to try again later.  Good Luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views