2 week post-op (delayed, lol)

Blue_Rattie
on 4/30/10 3:01 pm
I went for my 2 week post-op on Monday. Was down 14lbs from surgery (though the scale at the doctors office is 3-4lbs more than ALL other scales I've been on)

I'm still on liquids, but added in cream of chicken soup, yogurt and melted ricotta. The warmth of the soup and leted cheese feels really good in my belly =)

I'm allowed to start flaky fish, cottage cheese, and other soft soft mushy foods next week.

I've been bad though and have had a mozarella cheese stick (cheese worms is what we call them, lol). Something to CHEW and I made sure it was real mushy going down.

NUT said I shouldn't be taking my b-complex vitamin and only 500 B-12. I have a 2500 and when they are done a 3000 I got from Vitalady.

Don't know whether to do what she says or keep what I've been doing. B's are water soluble and she said I was just making expensive pee.

What vitamins/supps are you guys taking??
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

boopsta
on 5/4/10 9:56 pm - Carrollton, VA
I am taking the chewable vitamin, biotin, pepcid, and blood pressure med and am about to work the calcium nitrate abd b12 into the mix now.  It has only been 2 weeks since my surgery and  trying to get it all in has been a bit of a challenge but I am getting there.  I have lost 21 pounds so far but I am not focusing so much on that as I am on how I am feeling.  I would not recommend scrambled eggs to anyone-they get stuck! it is like they swell up or something.  Refried beans do very well with melted cheese on top! Good protein source too-I do the fat free ones.
  Betty        
Blue_Rattie
on 5/6/10 2:34 pm
I am on the search for calcium I can tolerate!!

So far I have tried:

1) Calcium citrate pills from costco. they are HUGE and need 2 every dose - pass.
2) Calcium crystals from BA - pass - makes my food and milk change texture to look spoiled!
3) BA calcium chews. Lemon ones are good. Raspberry has very little flavor but okay. Chocolate ones are so-so, but seem pretty gritty.
4) Cal-Mag-D from Vitalady. Ones I've been using. 500 per capsule. a little big, but tolerable for me.
5) samples from Celebrate - Chocolate calcet reminds me of a gooey brownie =) I could definitely eat 3 of THOSE a day for calcium, lol!

I still have tons of samples from Celebrate - all chewable calciums, lemon calcet, and their ENS drink which is multivitamin and calcium together. That is kind of expensive, but maybe as a variety I could use it.

They also sent me some chewable iron - I tried the tangerine one - YUMMY!
and B12 - literally melts in your mouth and only thing swallowed is saliva. Totally unlike my sublingual B12 from walmart (Nature's Made I believe) which I still have to swallow after it dissolves *scratch head*

Think I may switch to Celebrates B12 and Iron for sho! =) And some of those yummy chocolate calcets, too! And some lemon is they are even better! LOL
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views