How do you get your fluids in?

Emily F.
on 4/29/10 7:26 am
I'm having serious trouble getting my fluids in. How do you do it? How much, what kind, when, etc. By the way, I totally can't eat and drink at the same time, makes my sleeve hurt and uncomfortable.

Thanks, Emily
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Theresa B.
on 4/29/10 7:42 am - Potterville, MI
I carry a drink with me at all times. I did that pre op i'm a camel I drinks A TON now it's harder for me but I think i've been hitting pretty close to 64 if not 64 everyday

HW/325 SW/ 293 CW/ 175  GW/ 150  5'8

On my way to a healthy life..... One Step at a time
kwkelly
on 4/29/10 7:53 am
It's really hard! Some days I can drink like crazy and meet and exceed my 64 oz. Today I have about half of them in so far....Need to step up the speed!!! I always have 12 oz hot tea in the am and then just carry a water bottle around the rest of the day. Sometimes I will add a crystal light packet to make it more interesting to drink....

Blue_Rattie
on 4/30/10 2:36 pm
I have a bottle of Sobe Lifewater, a 16oz water bottle and a 16oz rubbermaid container with Crystal Light. I keep them by my bed and at my computer =P
kitycat58
on 4/29/10 8:38 am

I am a good water drinker anyway, but had a rough time at first.  When I gave up smokiing 3 years ago, I also gave up the soda...(they went hand and hand to me)..So I picked up a water bottle..and now that is pretty much all I ever drink.  I keep one by me at all times and constantly sip on it.  It is really hard at the meals for me though to remember to stop before, not drink during and wait after...but its happening by habit.   I think that is what it is...it becomes habit...
Take a bottle where ever you go...you will be surprised at how much you get in...(tip: put little postie notes at your work area if you can)...

wiltedrose314
on 4/30/10 1:08 am - Falmouth, MA
i am right there with you girl. im having a rough time getting the liquid in as well....
MommyosaRose
on 4/30/10 1:34 am
Emily,

Y
ou are not alone my friend! It seems that no matter how much I drink I never get enough in; most days I barely drink 32oz. However, I do find that I drink more when the liquids are icy cold, so I freeze my Cristal Light and shakes just enough to make them slushy!  

Sugar Free Jello and soup broth counts as liquids. Sugar Free ice pops are an easy way to get some liquid; the ones I buy are 1.5oz each but every ounce counts! 

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

Emily F.
on 4/30/10 5:40 am
I may try that, I just started doing freeze pops, just hopefully that helps.
Kim5515
on 4/30/10 1:41 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I'm not having any trouble with liquids - the crystal lite goes down just fine and I can usually get in 60-70 oz a day, in combo with straigh****er.

My issue is with protein. What I liked before surgery is barely tolerable now.  I knew that was a possibility, but shocked that it actually happened to me.

I find that I like my protein drinks warm, so that's helping.  I am now experimenting with mixing 2 different flavors to jazz it up a bit.  Got 60 grams day before yesterday, got up to 70 yesterday, trying for 90 grams today !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

cathorn
on 4/30/10 4:49 am

Yes, drinking 64 oz is sometimes hard to do, especially if you are used to drnking 16oz at once like i was, since going back to work,  I'm finding this a little difficult,  I asked the nutritionist for  suggestions and she suggested that I drink 1 cup (8 oz) in an hour this includes the protien drink too! As for eating and drinking at the same time, I was told very  clearly by the dr, nutritionist and rn Not to drink 1/2 hr before and 1/2 hr after eating or I would be hurting. this might help you too!
hope this helps!
cathorn

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views