I think my work is making me stay home until 5/10/10

lmatthews27
on 4/28/10 10:41 am - Delaware, OH
My Ladies,

I am so upset! My boss called me today and said that she thinks that I will need to stay off until the 10th. Dr. Myers put the 10th on my FMLA form and I know that I had another surgery after that but I thought I could go back when I felt up to it. My boss thinks I will need a release to come back before then..... Well Dr. Myers is in Europe until 5/14 and my doc that removed my gall bladder already had me going back in two weeks....

Sorry I needed to VENT!
Lisa

melons778
on 4/28/10 12:14 pm
 Call Dr Myer's office because someone has to be covering for him. Make an appt with that physician and ask him to write you a note to release you earlier. Good luck
  Melons778        
kwkelly
on 4/29/10 12:20 am
Hi Lisa,

They usually have a person in the office that completes these release to work forms and maybe they can change it back for you. That is also when I am returning to work....Good Luck!

Emily F.
on 4/29/10 8:00 am
You may be able to get a release from a np or someone else in the practice. Shouldn't be a problem as long as you are progressing well. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
kitycat58
on 4/29/10 8:34 am
My surgeon is keeping me off thil the 6th.  I feel I'm ready to return to work and not one to really like to stay around the house..But my puppy is loving it..she gets 3 walks a day right now.. ..I am just gonna use my time to finish resting up..Don't have sick leave at my work and only 2 weeks of vacation per year...so its kinda nice for the extended time off for me.  I work in a machine shop, so there is a bit of heavy lifting involved.  I do the shipping and receiving.. I am the only female except for the secretary...All the guys got together and sent me a get well card with them all saying they miss me...they are all so great to me and great to work with. They all know what I am doing and very supportive..I got lucky with the people I work with and I am actually looking forward to going back..and they are gonna do all the heavy lifting when I get back for a while...

Hope everyone is well today.

Keep on Venting Lisa is it lets out the frustration..Good luck with a quick recovery.  Try and relax while you can..Life is such a fast pace sometimes. 
Cindya19
on 5/2/10 3:21 am - West Bend, WI
Hi Lisa -

I also had my gall bladder removed the same time as my RNY.  My doctor said no less than 4 weeks off.  Good chance you will need a release from your doctor's office to go back earlier.  There usually is a Release of Information dept that handles these forms at your physician's office and if he works with a Physician Assistant or RN they can also help you out. Take care and enjoy your time off  'cause before you know it you will be back full time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views