old demons resurfacing

heitimay
on 4/28/10 2:05 am
So, I'm a little over two weeks out and can have limited "real" food. Last night, I had the munchies so bad. Not because I was hungry but because my old snackin' demons that come out in the evening have resurfaced!!! One of the first solid foods I was told to try is saltines and unfortunately, those are calling me. I realize so much of my weight struggle has to do with my mind!! So, I'm praying and planning to make herbal tea in the evening when the demons come out. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Kim5515
on 4/28/10 2:46 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Something that has helped me is to keep my hands busy in the evenings while watching tv.  I've started to crochet again and it helps.  I always keep my crystal lite right next to me and drink, drink, drink.  So far, so good.

You can do this - it's so very worth it !!

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

_Suzy_
on 4/28/10 4:35 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Oh my gosh I am afraid that happening to me and I need to get a plan in place.  I am not feeling any hunger at all, but my mouth really wants something to chew on (still on liquids) and when I do start chewing I hope just my allowed amount will satisfy me.

I think I should get back to my crochet, too!!  It's been ages.  There you go- learn to crochet or knit if you don't know how to already...Great way to keep hands and mind off the crackers!!!!

Suzy
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301
Current               206

O M G - I am down over 100#.  

heitimay
on 4/28/10 4:44 am
Thanks for the suggestions! I already had pulled out some embroidery but hadn't worked on it yet. I hadn't thought about it being a good evening diversion...instead it was something I could do without lifting or bending. I really want to get out in my garden and start turning the soil and planting my veggies but I need to wait a little longer. Definitely, the embroidery will be out tonight!

Emily F.
on 4/28/10 8:06 am
I knew night time was a problem so for the weeks/months before surgery I made an effort to not eat after dinner. I kind of do things a little differently, I have some broth or soup now a little after dinner settles. It helps that my hubby doesn't snack, AT ALL. Its weird. So I don't really have the temptations.

I hope it gets easier for you!
kwkelly
on 4/29/10 12:29 am
My husband and son still have some sort of dessert or snack in the evening and It is hard to watch them. Even though I am not hungry I still crave some of my favorites. I will be staying busy with my sons sports in the evening so hopefully that will work :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views