Today is the first day of soft and pureed foods!!

kwkelly
on 4/28/10 9:51 am
Went to my 3 week check up and nutrition class today!! Not including Pre-Op since surgery I have lost 15 lbs :)

I am so excited I ate tuna tonight for dinner.....Never thought I'd be thrilled about that :)

lmatthews27
on 4/28/10 10:43 am - Delaware, OH
YEAH!!! I started my pureed food yesterday and it was the best.. I thought I would have never been so excited for pureed chicken!!!
Congrats on your weight loss. I weighed in surgery day was 253 and today I am 238 so we are about the same pace...

kwkelly
on 4/28/10 11:17 am
That's great on your weight loss!! I thought I was not doing to good compared to others on the sight but the Dr said I was right where I should be and I am so glad that someone else is right about the same as me!!! We will have to keep in touch and help eachother out with different foods etc!!

sarcstk1inct
on 4/28/10 1:47 pm - Wallingford, CT
I started my pureed diet today too! Had a scrambled egg with cheese for breakfast and pureed chicken with cheese and farina for dinner! Never thought I'd be so happy to have anything pureed...

kwkelly
on 4/29/10 12:24 am
I hear yah!!! Pureed foods are actually sounding really good :)

_Suzy_
on 4/29/10 10:40 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Tuesday I get to start puree.  Hmm...not sure what I'll try first.    Maybe some tuna salad whirred up in the blender......

Congrats on the loss KW
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301
Current               206

O M G - I am down over 100#.  

kwkelly
on 4/30/10 12:59 am, edited 4/30/10 1:01 am
So far so good!!! I have not pureed anything just making sure it is soft and I chew, chew, chew. I have had 3/4 oz of tuna w/mayo and 1/2 mozz cheese stick (ate it like 3xs yesterday). 1oz chilli with hamburger in it, it stayed down but I do not think my system was quite ready for the spicy it hurt a little.  Laughing cow cheese ( 1/2 oz). Not sure what I am trying today....Thank you Suzy!

wiltedrose314
on 4/30/10 1:12 am - Falmouth, MA
its great being able to eat again isnt it!!!
i havent pureed anything either... just chewing chewing chewing (i never thought id chew so much in my life lol).
chilis great, and tuna... ive also had fish and scallops and my pouch hasnt had any issues. well except with milk but aside from that foods are going good!!!
kwkelly
on 4/30/10 1:39 am
ooh I will have to try some fish!! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views