Help with making things using protien powder

Tarin C.
on 4/26/10 12:24 pm - Acton, CA
Any tips on how to make things using protien powder? 

I had my surgery one week ago tomorrow so I am still on clear liquid.  I"m trying hard to get all my protien in.  I heard you can do things like put protien in jello and popsicles....so I did.  And it just settled.  Its horrible.  All my protien powder settled to the bottom.  How do you make things with protien where the powder mixes in well and doesn't separate from the rest?  I blended powder with some apple juice and put them in popscicle containers....my whole tip of the popscicle was frozen powder.  :(

Any ideas?

Emily F.
on 4/27/10 5:02 am
I wasn't worried about protein, just staying hydrated at first. Once I got to eating I then did 30 g in 30 days, 60 in 60, 90 in90, etc. Keep sipping.
Kim5515
on 4/27/10 10:18 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I get the flavored powders and drink them.  My favorite is 1/2 scoop chocolate, 1/2 scoop vanilla/cinnamon (I think the brand is IDS).  Mix it up with about 3 oz water, then put in a large coffee mug.  Fill the rest up with heated water.  Yummy and very satisfying.

I have not tried protein in food yet.. think I'll skip that, unless others come up with brilliant ideas !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

paria
on 4/28/10 3:29 am
At 1 week out, I liked the ready to drink Protein Shakes.  I found to be much appealing than the powders.
I tried Muscle Milk Light, (15 g protein in 8.25 oz), Pure Protein Shake (35 g protein in 11 oz).
Make sure they are low Carb/sugar.  You can try different cans from GNC, before buying in bulk..
At this stage, I was never able to meet th eprotein goals.  Just sip, sip, sip & stay hydrated.
Good Luck.
Tarin C.
on 4/28/10 1:22 pm - Acton, CA
Thanks everyone.  But I'm not so concerned about getting my protien in, or ready made things.  I'm good with that, and getting about 80 grams - 100 grams of protien a day in.  I have Nectar protein powder (makes 25g protein in Ice Tea flavor), Pure Protein Shakes, a powder from Trader Joes that I love, Protien Blitz drinks, IsoPure drinks (40 grams a bottle)....I'm not worried about that because those are all yummy.

I wanted to find a way to "sneak" it into other non-protien items, such as jello and popsicles.  People say you can mix it in, but when I mix it in, it tends to separate and then its useless.  I just want to be like "I'm going to grab a bit of my pre-made jello and have the added benefit of a bit of protien in it."  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views