First Post Op Visit - scales are so confusing

Kim5515
on 4/27/10 7:47 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I'm 7 days out from my surgery and have decided to only go by the scales at the doctors office, scales can be so confusing... weighing at the doctor, nutrionists, gym, home are all different.  So according to the doctor, I have lost 17 pounds from my pre surgery weight !!

Wow, pretty amazing.  I'm doing very very well, no issues at all, my incisions look good and I can start back on my vitamins (crushed of course) and protein today. Yahhh!!!  I have seriously missed my protein drinks.

I'm still fatigued and not sleeping more than 5 hours at any one time, but the doc says the protein drinks will help with that.

I go back on May 17th, when they talk to me about introducing pureed foods.  So, protein and liquids for 20 more days for me.  I can do this, it's SO worth it.

Hope everyone else is doing as well.  I don't regret doing this at all !!

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

Emily F.
on 4/27/10 7:51 am
I'm with ya, I haven't regretted my decision for a minute. Hope you stay that way and keep up the good work!1 I wish I could get away from the scale, I'm addicted!
TeeMarie
on 4/27/10 9:21 am - Hartford, CT
Glad to hear you are doing so well!! 

I am with you I hate all the different scales.  I am ONLY going to weigh (from now on) at my doctors office.  I will not let the scale dictate how I am doing.  I got rid of the scale in my house...i refuse to be a slave to the scale anymore and will just follow my doctors orders to a "T"  Even when i know i'm doing everything right if im up a pound or down a pound it's never good enough, I let the scale dictate how I feel NO MORE  ....sorry for rambling on...but i'm just irritated that i lost 8lbs with this pre-op diet lol. 

Surgery is on Thursday YAY!

YOU Can do this!!!

RNY-4/29/2010

HW 273 / SW 265/ CW 232/ GW 140

(!? I will get there some day!)

RNY revision/repair! 6/18/19

Kim5515
on 4/27/10 10:21 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Tee - couldn't agree with you more.  This is so worth it...  congrats on your upcoming surgery !!

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

lady-luck
on 4/29/10 1:02 am - Orange, CA
Hey Kim

Glad you are doing so good. I havent weighed since I came home and today is my first visit with my surgeon so I hope I have done as good as you.
I too am tired quite a bit and the past 2 nights I have slept in the bed and not on the couch. For some reason I am too scared to turn onto my side so I wake up a few times just to make sure I am still on my back...lol.
Hope to get the staples removed today too. Will let you know how it all goes today

Hugs
Myra
Kim5515
on 4/29/10 11:53 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Oh good, it sounds like progress to me !  Let me know about the surgeon's visit !!

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views