Not feelin good

_Suzy_
on 4/25/10 10:18 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Tomorrow will be one week that I had surgery.  The last couple of days have sucked.  I just don't feel good and have spent a GREAT deal of time in the bed.

A little bit of nausea here and there.  I know I am not doing right by hiding in my bed.  I need to snap out of this.  Oh and my vitamins.  I haven't hunkered down and started on them.  I tried today, but those chewables make me gag - just the thought of them.  My surgeon says chewables for the first 12 weeks.  I am calling tomorrow to see if I can do pills.  He told me in the hospital that I CAN take my Effexor XR capsule.  So I am betting he'll tell me I can do vitamin tablets.      I EVEN ordered from Celebrate - they were expensive.  But I can't stand them - the texture - that vitamin taste.  

I know..wah wah.  I sound like a baby.  And I am not doing well getting all my fluids in.  Crap.  Tomorrow I must embrace the new day that get serious.  But it still hurts when I burp!!  My left side is killing me.  I want to feel normal again.  (I know I know - it's only been a week)   But damn.  I see people seeing how good they feel and I wonder what the heck is wrong with me.     I am not having any buyer's remorse at all - I know this will get better - but til it does I want to hide my head in the sand,.....

Suzy
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301
Current               206

O M G - I am down over 100#.  

mrsfrogdr
on 4/25/10 10:28 am
No wisdom here...just hugs!!!!!...soft ones....
Big Frog Kisses,           
 DAWN   

_Suzy_
on 4/25/10 10:42 am - Lawrenceville, GA
*smooch*   Thanks, Dawn

Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301

ladylanetta
on 4/25/10 10:43 am
I just posted a message to your in-box.  I have been doing good about getting in all my pills.  My Dr said I would be fine to crush and consume.  I start my first round at 6 am and have them with the Kroger brand yogurt I found that has 12 grams of protein (carbmaster).  I find that I am able to take them down with my soft foods.  Are you taking Pepcid AC twice a day?  That's what my doc prescribed before I left the hospital.  The first night home, I had a ton of gas and felt just awful, but by midnight, I was feeling sooooo much better after I was able to expel some of that gas.  I still have not had a BM, but I feel great.  When I woke up Wednesday, my check out date, I was nauseous so the Dr prescribed Prochlorper 10mg for the nausea, thank goodness I haven't had to use them since I've been home. 

Well, Monday (tomorrow) will be a full week since surgery and I plan on hitting the gym and getting on the treadmill and maybe the bike if all goes well. 

Hope you feel better soon and hope the suggestions help.
michelly1030
on 4/25/10 5:06 pm - Turlock, CA
Suzy, the LEFT side is the problem for most, if not all of us!!! I was told that the incision on the left side is the one "worked" the most, so it's usually the one with the most swelling and pain-- and the hard mass that you feel is normal healing. Mine still hurts and I'm day 12! 
You sound like me 1 week out- totally normal I'm sure! I couldnt get all my fluids or food (if you can call it that, it was clear fluids and broths lol). But you will get better and get into the swing of things. Chewable vitamins taste like crap for sure. My surgeon said it was ok to take pills after week 1, so like u said maybe check with him again. Tell him you just can't tolerate them. I don't see why you couldn't take 1 at a time and spread them out maybe? Ask him. I bet he will go with what makes you comfortable.
I feel like it's kind of trial and error for us right now and this board is an EXCELLENT source of info and support. I just finished a post on how I feel like crap right now myself. LOL
I spent TONS of time in bed and asleep for the first week and struggled to motivate myself to walk. I think anesthesia takes FOREVER to wear off in me, so that would explain some it plus your body goes through a lot of trauma with such a major surgery...even though most of ours is laparoscopic, its still major abdominal surgery. Think about it, we were replumbed!
FEEL BETTER soon. Stay positive and definitely keep up on your Effexor (I'm a Paxil girl myself). You will be okay. Congrats on making a positive healthy change in your life. We are here when you need us!!! xoxo
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
_Suzy_
on 4/26/10 4:02 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Thank you so much for responding!!  I feel better now after reading what you wrote.  I guess I didn't factor in that it could be the anesthesia making me feel SO listless.  I am going to try a regular vitamin and cut it in pieces if I have to - that was the concern that most vitamins are too big. 

Hope you are feeling better!!!  I seem to be feeilng better today and I am going to work on getting in my appropriate fluid amount!

Suzy
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301

TeeMarie
on 4/26/10 7:00 am - Hartford, CT
((((((hugs)))))) go take your yucky vitamins, sip your water and get lots of rest, feel better soon.

RNY-4/29/2010

HW 273 / SW 265/ CW 232/ GW 140

(!? I will get there some day!)

RNY revision/repair! 6/18/19

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/10 8:12 am
My progress has seemed to take 3 steps back and I feel like I am on day 1 post-op. I had an open but was able to get my vitamins down and eat and drink. For the last 3 days I am barely getting my water down.

We will make it through this. I asked at my support meeting when everything feels normal again and was told on average 3 months.

Take care Suzy and keep us updated.

Diana
_Suzy_
on 4/26/10 9:44 am - Lawrenceville, GA
   3 months????????

Oy!  Well, I can see this is going to be a roller coaster ride.  I was feeling SO MUCH better than I envisioned that I would be last week, just a few days post op.  THEN BAM.  Friday, Sat, and Sun, I felt like crap.  Now today I am feeling better and have gotten more water in. 

You're right - we'll make it.  I need to get my fanny to a support group ASAP!!!!!

You take care, too!!
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views