Day 12 and Overdoing It!

michelly1030
on 4/25/10 5:00 pm - Turlock, CA
Went back to work today (its almost now yesterday--Sunday)... my son would not go to sleep on Sat night so I ended up with 3 1/2 hrs of sleep and my regular 12 hour shift... I sit (I am a 911 dispatcher) and can stand if I want at my console... I felt increasingly uncomfortable during the day but sucked it up and now here I am, back in the recliner to sleep because I am in pain and just plain uncomfortable and annoyed!! I think going back to work, regardless of a desk job, less than 2 wks out was a poor plan!!! I will be calling my surgeon in the morning to explain what I am feeling and to get a note for tomorrow's (Mon) shift and Tuesdays, to stay home. Then I don't work again till Sunday. (My schedule is typically 3 days on 3 off-12 hr shifts!). 

What I am feeling right now is almost a pulling. It is UNDER my incisions instead of where the incisions are. It's like my abdomen is in a fight and pulling opposite directions... it's not extreme pain but it's not a day on the beach either. It's annoying enough that I can't get comfortable in any position in bed and even the heating pad isn't helping (I'm not even sure I am supposed to use one but I have been...thoughts?) I also feel totally bloated! I am getting plenty of fluids and doing what I am supposed to do. I am a little under on meals and working on making the required amounts. I'm getting to that "what in the HE** did I do to myself" mentality and I don't wanna go there. Let me also mention I have fibromyalgia, rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. This may be a flare coming on, which wouldn't surprise me-- since with the autoimmune diseases (fibro and RA) my body attacks itself whenever something is wrong and whenever it wants! Took all my meds for those issues and some liquid vicodin and now I am just trying to get some comfort and support....Did I mention I went for a mile walk with my husband right when I got home from work? Yeah, overdoing it a bit. It's not getting through to my head that I had major abdominal surgery LESS than 2 wks ago still.... UGH Michelle! Get with the program will ya!?

Have I mentioned how WONDERFUL you all are? What would I do without this board!! My husband works graveyard and he's at work now, until 7am... And guess who's still awake? My 2 1/2 yr old son, Mr Energetic. Ugh... Grandma is coming in the morning though and I plan on a day of complete rest!!! 
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
bacon1975
on 4/25/10 5:12 pm, edited 4/25/10 5:13 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Chelle, I wish I had some great words of wisdom for you but all I can do is shake my head and wonder how you are staying sane! I had surgery on 4/8 and I'm not ready to go back to work yet. I'm not chasing a toddler either. You are amazing, but you've got to take it easy. I had a couple days with that weird pulling sensation when I over did it. Keep sipping, and try to relax. I know that's easier said than done! Like you said, you just had major abdominal surgery less than 2 weeks ago!! I'm glad you're finding support. I'm sending you positive vibes from Minnesota!

*edited because it's 2 am and I'm not fully awake*

michelly1030
on 4/25/10 5:32 pm - Turlock, CA
Thank you Bacon! I appreciate it! How are you!!!????

I am sipping hot tea as I type. It seems to be relaxing me. Or maybe its the meds kicking in... ahhh.... relief.......
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
bacon1975
on 4/25/10 5:50 pm - Minneapolis, MN
I'm doing great, thank you for asking!  I've been very lucky with my recovery.  My pouch prefers warm stuff.  I like SF apple cider, SF hot cocoa, and peppermint tea. I really struggle with getting enough liquids in, but that seems to be a problem for almost everyone post-op.

I surrendered my scale (I was obsessing) so I have no idea how much I've lost so far, but at my 2 week appointment I was down 9 lbs.  

I'm glad you are able to relax!!  I hope you got your son to sleep.  You should try and get some sleep too!

Blue_Rattie
on 4/25/10 5:53 pm
I'm sorry you're not feeling well

And I hear you on the kids being energetic...both my kids go through that! 2.5yo girl, and almost 4yo boy =P
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

kwkelly
on 4/26/10 1:02 am
I had mine on 4/5 and I am still getting sharp pains in my lower left side below my incision area whenever I over do it with moving around and I also put myself in pain from sitting in a hard chair for two hrs.....i feel for you!! You gotta a lot going on right now..You need to slow down, rest, and let your body heal!!!

kitycat58
on 4/26/10 4:53 am
Hope it gets better for you soon..My doc is making me take a full month off.  But I stand at work all day..no sitting at all; so this is best for me.  There are alot of people here that do go back after the 2nd week.  That just seems so fast..but if you can handle it..ok.  But please don't take the risk of injury..If you have issues that continue after your days off, please check in with your surgeon and double check.. Wish you well...Rest up while you can.
TeeMarie
on 4/26/10 6:50 am - Hartford, CT
Wow you sure have alot going on.  Listen to your body, rest when you can.  Take care of YOU! Feel better soon!

RNY-4/29/2010

HW 273 / SW 265/ CW 232/ GW 140

(!? I will get there some day!)

RNY revision/repair! 6/18/19

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/10 7:52 am
You are totally amazing! I am on day 15 and I feel like it's day 3. The open ryn is giving me a hard time. I just want to sleep all the time. I still have to wear my binder and yet to be able to wear regular clothes. My incision is so sensitive it does not want to be touched.
Emily F.
on 4/26/10 8:21 am
You are too sweet for sharing the love of the board!!! I'm so glad we post and are positive for one another.

sorry you are not feeling well. I also feel the pulling when I overdo and I was open. I have about a 10 inch horizontal scar above my bellybutton. So I think its normal. Take your time going back and it will work out in the long run.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views