OK big(older) sisters....please look over my plans and advise

mrsfrogdr
on 4/25/10 12:37 am
Today is 5 days before my big day and I will be working and going to grad classes up until the very last minute.  So today is the only real day I have to prepare my hospital and post op stuff. Please look over my hospital bag list and my post op list and make suggestions based on  your own experiences.

Pre op  clear liquid day:  I am starving just thinking about it

Chicken broth
French onion soup - stained
Broth from spicy pinto beans
Crystal Lite
Jello - sugar free
Sugar free Popsicles

Hospital Bag:

PJ's
Robe
Slippers
Socks
pillow
tooth brush
tooth paste
mouth wash
deodorant
body wash
shampoo
conditioner
lotion
moisturizer
my five minute makeup - stuff
brush
lip balm
Feminine products just in case
Cell phone charger
I'll wear the same clothes home I arrive in

Post op Full Liquids - two weeks

same stuff from preop plus
Syntha 6 protein - chocolate
skim milk
potato soup - strained
broccoli and Cheddar cheese soup -strained
chicken noodle soup -strained
olive garden's minestrone - strained - I am going to freeze all of the soups in ice cube trays and thaw just a few as needed
sugar free fudgesicles
sugar free pudding

Thanks for Your help.

Big Frog Kisses,           
 DAWN   

Emily F.
on 4/25/10 1:10 am
I see people say robe, but not sure how you would wear it with an iv. Logistically.

Most people try to limit carbs for max. weight loss so you might want to stay clear of the potato soup.

I never wear a gown but it was nice not to have a waistband those first couple days so I suggest at least one gown for the first day at least.

Also, I went through grad school through a very stressful time (found out I was preggo two weeks into it, had c section 9 months later, newborn for the next year) so I admire your determination. It WILL pay off. Let me know if you need any support. Good luck!!! So happy your journey is beginning!
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
mrsfrogdr
on 4/25/10 2:51 am
I have been kind of iffy on the potato soup...I love it so I might have a small bit of it incase I am really mireable....I keep hearing people eating their "first" bite of instant mashed potatos , so I figured it cant be that bad in very tiny quanities. 

I really feel your graduate pregnancy....my dearest friend started grad classes with me last summer and then found out she was preggers....I have felt horrible for her....but she is hanging in there like a real trouper...so, proud of her...and it makes me feel like I have nothing to complain about with WLS and grad school....

Thanks for your support,
Big Frog Kisses,           
 DAWN   

Shawn K.
on 4/25/10 2:27 am - The Colony, TX
I know my list for the hospital stay was a robe, slippers that grip, pillow for the ride home, and they would provide everything else if I needed it.  The robe is for walking because their gowns didn't exactly close in the back, so they threw it over my shoulder on the side of my IV.  But yeah cell phone charger a must, I was glad we brought mine, and lip balm.  My lips are still dry from when I had surgery.
I have started a blog all of my own for this journey.  Please follow me at www.digitalsheep.org.

michelly1030
on 4/25/10 4:17 am - Turlock, CA
Every surgeon seems to be a little different. My surgeon and nutritionist said absolutely no cream soups because of the carb content. I was on clear liquids (chicken broth, crystal light , jello) only for the day before surgery and 1 wk after. Then graduated to puree...

For the hospital all I needed was :
toothbrush and toothpaste
deodorant
cell charger
couple magazines
lip balm! I was also very chapped after surgery
comb/ponytail holder and hat for the way home (wore a hat in, i do not have wash and go hair! lol)

I wore a comfortable outfit in and the same one home... I was fine walking around in the gowns and slipper socks they gave me. They also gave me a little care package with toiletries anyway, but I didnt use them.
~Chelle~

http://www.worththeweightloss.blogspot.com/
HW: 258 SW:(248) GW:150                    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views