5 days later....

Razzmuffin
on 4/25/10 3:35 am - Collinsville, IL
I too, am a bit easy to distract Kim :), our tales are similar, bruises on the hands and arms, I only have 4 incisions and a drain, but outside of the muscular pain in the one side of my abdomen, I feel pretty good.  Tired, tired, tired though... might as well get the sleep while I can. 

Staples and drain out tomorrow morning, then on to soft, pureed foods.  Didn't really gain any weight in the hospital, but haven't really lost any either.  Right this second as previously mentioned by Kim, it only concerns me for about a half hour then I drift off to something else.  LOL

The one thing I do know....the hunger I was having on liquids before surgery does not exist any more.  I don't think I could even imagine eating yet.  

I have made my protein goal last 2 days, but overall liquid goal ....falling way short, by about 20 oz.
It is so hard with being tired, napping, and just resting to even think about it and the day is not long enough to sip that much, but I keep trying. Who knew it would take so much conscious effort just to sip all day !!

Good luck to those still to go this month, it will be over before you know it.

Razz

Shawn K.
on 4/25/10 3:54 am - The Colony, TX
Grats on everything going well, I was sooo relieved when they took my drain(tether) out.  Now if I can make it to Friday when I can start having soft foods.  And yes it feels like I constantly am sipping, sipping, sipping trying to get everything in.
I have started a blog all of my own for this journey.  Please follow me at www.digitalsheep.org.

Emily F.
on 4/25/10 6:24 am
Can I ask what your protein goal is? I'm curious as to others nut advice. Good luck, sounds like you are doing awesome.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views