Checking in - day 5 and doing well

Kim5515
on 4/24/10 12:57 pm - Bonney Lake, WA
I must admit that my attention span has gone down to about 1/2 hour for any one subject... I'm attributing that to the pain meds, which I did stop taking !!  But other than that, I'm doing very very well.

I came home a little more than 25 hours after the RNY, hernia and gallbladder removal with 9 lovely incisions in my abdomen.  They are pulling just a bit, not hurting, just tender and a little sore.

I am of course, covered with bruises since IV's and shots and I do not agree, never had, never will.

Other than that, I can actually contribute to the world again, well with 2 naps per day that is...

I have the 8 pounds off that I gained while in the hospital and hoping to see a new all time low on the scale tomorrow or early in the week.

My 2 oz of broth filled me up today, felt like I'd eaten Thanksgiving dinner.  Not sure why that shocked me so much.. that's normal, right?

Glad all our April surgeries have gone well so far.  Best of luck to all that are left.  Absolutely NO buyers remorse here !!

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

HellOnHeels
on 4/24/10 11:25 pm
So happy to read this! I'm going in tomorrow and I'm so glad that things are going well for you!
sparkym2
on 4/24/10 11:32 pm - Saginaw, MI
I am really glad to read that you are doing so well. I am having my surgery April 27th, 2010. I am really kinda scared at this point.

Do you have children at home that you need to take care of? I know that the doctor said I could not lift over 15 pounds for 1 month after surgery.

Take care and I am glad that you are feeling so good.........
Emily F.
on 4/25/10 1:12 am
Congrats!! I never had buyers remorse either! I think its because I knew what to expect. Plus I've had prior surgeries so knew how it would be.

I'm so glad you went well and can't believe you got out of the hospital so fast.

Good luck and it will fall off soon enough!
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
KarrieMassotti
on 4/25/10 3:01 am - Kent, WA
So happy you are doing well. 
mehollid
on 4/25/10 3:52 am - Altamonte Springs, FL
I have kids and im glad my husband was off with me to help out.   I dont know what id do without him.  I think overall the experience is a little weird.  I know what to expect so it made it a little easier.   But it is still a big change.  Trying to get in my fluids has been a challenge.  Like trying to drink when not thirsty and then trying to drink about 1 hr after eating.  But i know why i did this and i keep that in mind everyday.
clareireland
on 4/26/10 4:09 am - FL
I too, am at day five.....weaning to 1/2 of pain meds!  I am doing okay with incisions.   energy level is still sporadic

WHEN is everyone going back to work?????  HOW MANY DAYS OR WEEKS ARE YOU TAKING?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views