Remember it gets better

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/10 10:37 am
We are all going through various aches, pains and learning. I am almost 2 weeks post-op and I am doing great in some areas and not so great in others. It will all balance out soon.

We need to remember to trust the surgery and ourselves. There is no reason to have doubts now. If you lost 32 pounds the first weeks and then only 5 the following remember that is a great success. If I only lost 10 pounds in a month that is 5 more than I could do without WLS.

We are all so used to fad diets that maybe we are forgetting WLS is not a fad and will be with us for the rest of our lives. Embrace it, use it and learn to love it.

This new tool is also a new friend.

We are winners!

Diana
Kim5515
on 4/24/10 12:58 pm - Bonney Lake, WA

You are so right !!  Thanks for the reminder.

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

lady-luck
on 4/25/10 12:46 am - Orange, CA
Amen to this post. Now we can only look forward
Emily F.
on 4/25/10 1:13 am
Yeah, I was pretty frustrated with my weight loss and now its flying off. I'm so excited now. It DOES get better.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
zelschap
on 4/25/10 5:40 am - Dayton, OH
I am actually coming up on 6weeks post op, still with various aches and pains, but every day is a new revelation and it gets better and better. And...you are right. This is NOT a fad, it is now part of our lives, and we will have it forever! That is such a wonderful realization! Thank you for the reminder! Z

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views