Ear discomfort...anyone else?

FWLizzie
on 4/24/10 2:37 am - Fort Worth, TX
I was sleeved 2 weeks ago and this morning I woke up with my left ear hurting...not the inside but behind the ear and around the area...has anyone else gone though this?

I appreciate your comments!

Liz

onespecialdelivery
on 4/24/10 2:42 am - Alexandria, VA
 I didn't have that problem but remember your body is in a state of shock, little caloric intake, immune system is probably a little decreased, and you probably picked up a little viral infection, you have lymph nodes behind your ears, thats probably what it is.  Try some motrin and see if that helps.  
Stephanie    
FWLizzie
on 4/24/10 2:46 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thank you Stephanie!

I feel great otherwise but my ear is bothering me this morning :(

On my way to the medicine cabinet to take a motrin!

Liz

Emily F.
on 4/24/10 3:55 am
I heard someone else on the main board say they've had ear problems since surgery. Maybe you can do a search of it. I think it basically said everything is shifting bc of the weightloss. But I haven't experienced anything like that.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
FWLizzie
on 4/24/10 4:32 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks, took a pill and am feeling a little bit better!

heitimay
on 4/24/10 2:27 pm
My doc said that I cannot take Motrin (ibuprofen) after my surgery - rny-. I would check before you take Motrin again with your doctor. It can really damage your stomach and we don't have much stomach left!

charchar
on 4/24/10 10:47 pm, edited 4/24/10 10:48 pm
Didn't the nurse give you some pain meds when you left, I think they were naproxen sodium or Aleve(generic) I found my box it says Naproxeno  that should be ok if they gave it to us. I never even took one after surgery.. That's about all I take for the last 10 yrs.
As far as the ear, I haven't had anything like that, I've had other small issues though. Could it be you laid on your ear and got it a bind or something? I've done that before and it hurt for a week after.  I am going through perimenopause and I have nodes/cysts come up all over all the time.  Doc says that's part of our curse, n weird stuff will happen all the time.  Right now I have one on my forearm, but, underarm, and they come and go behind my ear sometimes.(it does hurt if I ma****  But none since surgery.  So unless one grows giant or it bursts or gives extreme pain, I'd dismiss it for a while till your next Dr. visit. Only issues I've had is my stitches coming out especially around the drain hole. Then the tape broke me out terribly bad, it looks like I've got 8 holes instead of 5 LOL. The steri strip glue burnt me or something. And I have weird pains when food goes down, maybe that's how I tell if I'm shouldn't be eating that LOL. I stretch out my torso n that helps sometimes. Don't sleep good, keep dreaming of the stitches popping open, so I toss n turn all night making the stitch situation worse from pulling them. I can't win for losing. I lost 15 after surgery right  away but leveled off haven't lost anymore this is day 12, maybe I am rushing a bit.  Hope your ear is better, but I'd bet it was how you slept.  You must have left the day I arrived down there.  Wasn't so bad as people keep saying. I'm glad there is such a place or I would never been able to afforded this. What do you think of the MOMMY SPECIAL? I'd like to go back for that next year if my funds allow it. Bet that's really gonna hurt! Well good luck I hope your ear straightens its self out. Let me know your progress and pains every now and then so we can compare notes. Since our dates were so close we should be at the same stages.   Char.....
FWLizzie
on 4/25/10 1:04 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Char!

I actually feel better this morning...hurting just a bit. I took a naproxen and that made it feel better. The dosage is low and I liked that...funny because I had not taken any pain meds since I was there.

I also had the same problems with my main incision but after researching and reading about it, I found out that it's actually good for that one to drain as now that you are not as swollen, liquid is trying to find a way out so it comes out through your drain incision...mine was orangie and kind of oily...it only happened for about a day and then it slowed down...others refer to it as a process of healing...so I wouldn't worry about it unless you see it get infected. Remember our bodies heal from the inside out. I also still have a hard time sleeping on my side but I feel so much better when I put a pillow on my side and hug it.

I also lost 14 pounds the first week and slowed down the second week...that's also normal...our bodies are still trying to figure out what the heck we did to our bodies.

No, I didn't know about the Mommy special, do tell me please!

Liz

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views