Family Dinners

Emily F.
on 4/24/10 1:38 am
I'm a pretty structured mom, kind of have to be with my schedule. I insisted on no tv during dinner time, everyone sits together, talks, etc. etc. I even insisted on it with my 2 weeks pre op diet, I just made it through. Since I've been back home and on mushies, I find I can't eat with my family or even with friends at lunch. I start eating and not chewing and swallowing too fast. I found I cook, serve, then go sit in a recliner with my laptop and take a bite, play on the computer, take a bite, etc. Otherwise I get really uncomfortable in my tummy.

I hope I'll be able to join my family again soon. It seems like people on my ds board who are further out don't have this problem so maybe it will just take time.

Anybody else miss eating with friends and family?
drjudi
on 4/24/10 9:06 am - Concord, CA
We do the family meal thing as well.  I am fortunate, however, that my husband prepares most of the family meals.  Now that I am on pureed food, I still eat something other than what everyone else is eating.  I find that I can complete my one quarter cup of pureed tuna salad in the same amount of time it takes everyone else to complete a full meal.  I am feeling hopeful that as we move along here we will eventually be eating food that is like everyone else, just smaller portions.

Kim5515
on 4/24/10 1:00 pm - Bonney Lake, WA
I hope to do the same once I'm on food again.  I'm still on 4 weeks of liquids, can add protein back in next week.  But we have talked about family dinners, without the tv on !!  New concept, but I swear we're going to do it.

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

anonymouslyobese
on 4/24/10 2:44 pm
My family is just my fiance and me.  We used to always eat together and now he always leaves and gets food out because he doesn't want to cook in front of me.  It makes me sad because I know he's eating unhealthy and because he's not spending that time with me.  When I can finally get on mushies though he says he'll stay and eat whatever I make so I just need to get through one and a half more weeks. 

(My dr is keeping me on liquids for 4 weeks after my surgery, plus the 2.5 weeks I was on it before hand.  I gotta tell you I am sick of liquids.)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views