Future WLS Patients "The Most Important Necessity"

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 4:31 am
One of the hardest things to do after surgery is get in and out of bed. This is because you need to use your stomach muscles.

My doctor had attempted a Lap RNY and after all the procedures had been followed I was changed to an Open
RNY.

Getting in and out of bed caused the worst stabbing pains and then when I was laying down or standing the stabbing pains turned to a burning pain.

This is the best thing you should/can do for yourself if you can.

That first day I sent my husband to Med Mart and had him rent me a lift and lower recliner. I would have never had to suffer the first day off the excess pain I had if I had this chair. My back and abdominal stitches were not pulled and I also did not have any lap incision pain on the sides.

I would greatly advise that if you do not have a recliner see if you can borrow one or rent one, You only need it for about a week lap or 3 weeks open.
Emily F.
on 4/23/10 10:22 am
I'm glad you found something that works for you. I had a recliner in the hospital and hotel. By the time I got home, I was good to lay on my side. Otherwise, I was propped up in the bed with like three big pillows.! lol The things we do.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views