Surgery yesterday, am home already !!

Kim5515
on 4/21/10 5:56 am - Bonney Lake, WA
I think the ladies at St. Francis Hopsital in Federal Way, WA are angels.  What a great staff, I got 5 Star hotel treatment (as my son in law pointed out, they charged me more than a 5 Star hotel would), but anyway what a great hospital experience.

I had my RNY with 70" of intestine bypasses - I asked, for some off reason I wanted to know - had my hernia repaired and had my gallbladder removed.  I have some whicked nausea yesterday, but once they finally found the right drug to try, I was a new woman in 5 minutes !

I had some great ladies from the local support group come visit me - that was awesome, had some good friends come by later...  you know when they're good friends, when they hold your barf bag  ...  

Had some issues with my electrolites this morning, so am on some medication for that, but other than that, I'm in great shape and good spirits.  Going to grab some pain medication in a few minutes and take a nap, but wanted to let everyone know that I am out of the hospital, doing very well and very pleased with my decision !!

Kim

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

kitycat58
on 4/21/10 5:59 am
Welcome home.  Hope you go thru this part easily.  For the most part it is just healing and following orders.  Feel better soon. 
mspiccolo
on 4/21/10 6:04 am - Camarillo, CA
Glad to hear your home and doing well.  Be good to yourself.  I'll be joining your in 5 days.

Razzmuffin
on 4/21/10 6:08 am - Collinsville, IL
Still in hospital myself, walking around good but got little to no sleep in the ICU last night so glad to still be here. Moved to medical floor now and back drinking finally.  But sitting up in bed and laying back down make me want to cry.  Glad to hear you are doing so well.  Will  post again soon.  Its nappy time with my drugs.

Razz

Kim5515
on 4/21/10 6:14 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hang in there Razz... I gotta tell you, coming home feels awfully good !  Hope you're there real soon.

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

KarrieMassotti
on 4/21/10 6:39 am - Kent, WA
So glad you are home and doing well. 
TeeMarie
on 4/21/10 9:27 am - Hartford, CT
So nice to hear you had such a great hospital experience!! Glad you are feeling well!!

Welcome home Kim!!

RNY-4/29/2010

HW 273 / SW 265/ CW 232/ GW 140

(!? I will get there some day!)

RNY revision/repair! 6/18/19

Cindya19
on 4/21/10 9:28 am - West Bend, WI
Welcome home Kim. Take care of yourself.
mehollid
on 4/21/10 10:35 am - Altamonte Springs, FL
I had my surgery yesturday also and I just got home tonight and im glad to be home finally.  I thought they were going to cancel the surgery because I was sick but they went ahead and did it.  I think thats what got me through the night thinking they were going to cancel it.  But, im glad to  be on the losers bench now.  Glad to see all the newbies along with me!!  Good luck to us all.
jbl0811
on 4/21/10 12:02 pm
I had my surgery yesterday but they are keeping me one more day ust to make sure everything is ok - protocol you know.

I feel very lucky because I haven't had any pain really and I haven't had any pain meds for about four hours. The gas doesn't feel great but manageable.

I am a bit worried that everything is going too well, if you know what I mean. Liquids are no problem and have only had one minor nausea spell. Compared to my c-section this has been sooo much easier.

Congrats to all for getting through - so many good things are ahead of us- YEAH!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views