Surgery Monday - came home last night

_Suzy_
on 4/21/10 5:42 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Wow.  I can't believe it's actually done and over with.  This was a long time coming.

My surgery went very well, no problems.  Had a small hiatal hernia that he fixed with a couple of stitches.  I never had any problems with it, so that was surprising to me.

Sad note - Monday morning as I was getting ready to leave for the hospital, I was feeling so confident and happy.  Not scared or nervous or anything.  Well, I went downstairs to get some laundry from the dryer and I found my cat dead on the floor .  It was AWFUL and shook me to the core.  He was 10 yrs old and overweight and had been coughing earlier in the evening.  Sigh.  Well, that certainly was not a good start to this whole thing and I was so upset - but I did my best to try to calm myself down before having to go into surgery.

I miss him so much - I have my other furbaby, MJ, a 10 yr old terrier mix to love on.  I am looking forward to feeling better and getting this show on the road.  Thank god for this website and good drugs!!  I am feeling very positive and so far have no buyer's remorse.  Oh and I didn't get a drainage tube (yay) - my incisions were glued - and I have a ON-Q Pain buster.

Suz
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301
Current               206

O M G - I am down over 100#.  

kitycat58
on 4/21/10 5:56 am
1st of all sorry for the loss of you kitty.  But very glad you are on the mend.  Sounds like things went well with your surgery.  Now start the sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, walk routine and join the crowd.  Happy for you.
Kim5515
on 4/21/10 5:57 am - Bonney Lake, WA
So sorry to hear about your kitty... they are members of our family and that is always so hard.  But glad to hear that your surgery went so well.

I just got home from mine as well... we'll both be on the losers bench now !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

TeeMarie
on 4/21/10 9:31 am - Hartford, CT
Hi Suzy!

So sorry for your loss! (((hugs)))

Glad you are home and feeling better

Take care,

T~~

RNY-4/29/2010

HW 273 / SW 265/ CW 232/ GW 140

(!? I will get there some day!)

RNY revision/repair! 6/18/19

_Suzy_
on 4/21/10 10:56 am - Lawrenceville, GA
Thanks guys!!!!!!!   <<>>
Suzy

Start Weight     309    
Surgery              301
Current               206

O M G - I am down over 100#.  

SUSIEQQ62
on 4/23/10 5:57 am - EXETER, PA
Congrats Suz on your surgery I pray that you meet all your weight loss goals..
I have had a cat die on me--he was only 3 and the vet had no idea what happened--he had all his shots and vet visits--that was 6 yrs ago--and i went hysterical as he coughed and dropped dead in front of me..But currently we have 6 cats now ranging from age 2 to age 10--Our Pebbles is 10 and she is overweight and i am so afraid now that she just turned 10 that she will die soon.. Our other cats are normal weight--Pebbles likes people food and chip--my husbands give chips to her and now that we have stopped a little bit giving her people food too much--she has lost weight--but still chubby and the vet is always lecturing us and i told the vet that she sounds like my doctor LOL.
But we love our fur babies don't we?? They are great friends and love us unconditionally...
So congrats again on your weight loss surgery and i pray that your journey is a great one!
Hugs
Susie SMith from PA
Oh my hubby calls me SUZ lol
even tho my name is Susan

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA    

Laura S.
on 4/24/10 1:15 am
Hi Suzy-

I've been out of town and was wondering how your surgery went.  Glad to hear everything went well.  So sorry to hear about your kitty....that is so sad and what terrible timing.  I have a ten year old cat that I just love to pieces and know how hard that must have been for you.  Anyway glad to hear you are doing so well.

Laura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views