Warning: Whining

anonymouslyobese
on 4/24/10 3:04 pm
I have had no one that expected me to tell them such things.  However, I was talking to my boss during a very boring district meeting and telling her I was considering it (many months ago) and a co-worker was with us.  And with a very judgemental tone the co-worker says, "Why would you even consider that?  Just do it on your own!".  At first I was quite offended, but instead of yelling or leaving (since I couldn't) I just said, "it's not as easy as you think.  It's like an addiction.  Only if you're addicted to crack you can just stop taking drugs.  You have to eat for the rest of your life so it's harder to stay away from the bad stuff". 

I don't think she understood really.  I think she may still not.  However, just like someone that has never been an alcoholic or druggie can't understand why those people would let their lives turn into that, ours is a similar struggle that people don't always understand.  I chalk it up to ignorance more than being buttholes (though of course there could be an element to some of them, like perhaps the girl you described).  I guess though I just want to put that out there that people that have not experienced it really just don't understand.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 901 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1234 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 1004 views